[Q] Galaxy Note II Emojis

Tip us?

WannabeeGBG
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy Note II Emojis

Good day.

So, I have a Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100). It is not locked to any operator and it has stock Android 4.3 installed via Kies a few days ago. I heard that there should be support for emojis in this Android version. My gf has a Galaxy S4 with Android 4.3 and she has the iWnn keyboard with all the colored emojis. When I try to find that keyboard on my Note II I can't. There is no keyb with that name. I can see some emojis in apps and messages but no color and no posibility to type emoji without using Google keyboard (installed as an APK). The Google keyboard has only a few emojis.
How come everyone else with a Note II has this iWnn keyboard installed but not my phone? If it was locket to an operator I would understand, but since it's bought not locked to an operator I don't. Could anyone help me with this?

And also, how come the S4 range has the colored emojis and not the Note II/other models? Isn't the version of Android the same?

geekynoob
Old
Thanks Meter 1823

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeeGBG View Post
Good day.

So, I have a Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100). It is not locked to any operator and it has stock Android 4.3 installed via Kies a few days ago. I heard that there should be support for emojis in this Android version. My gf has a Galaxy S4 with Android 4.3 and she has the iWnn keyboard with all the colored emojis. When I try to find that keyboard on my Note II I can't. There is no keyb with that name. I can see some emojis in apps and messages but no color and no posibility to type emoji without using Google keyboard (installed as an APK). The Google keyboard has only a few emojis.
How come everyone else with a Note II has this iWnn keyboard installed but not my phone? If it was locket to an operator I would understand, but since it's bought not locked to an operator I don't. Could anyone help me with this?

And also, how come the S4 range has the colored emojis and not the Note II/other models? Isn't the version of Android the same?
Coloured emoji support came from 4.4 as afaik..!
Try a 3rd party keyboard.. Take the apk form her phone and use it.. I hope her s4 is rooted.!
The Following User Says Thank You to geekynoob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Irwenzhao
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeeGBG View Post
Good day.

S4 is newer than Note 2 after all. (And both phones aren't stock android after all) so Samsung can still stuff new stuff into the s4, so download a third party keyboard (I use go keyboard) or grab the apk from your girlfriend's phone and hope it works on your note 2.

Smack that thanks button If I helped!
Always make a nandroid backup before trying anything risky
Sent from my fabulous N7105 powered by Illusion ROM and Plasma Kernel.
Sent from dat small country called Singapore.

P.S. Quote my post for replies ASAP.
Smash that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniRom, running on my fabulous Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA.
The Following User Says Thank You to Irwenzhao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MehruNisa
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default I have all the emojis

try phoenix rom and it will give u everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwenzhao View Post
S4 is newer than Note 2 after all. (And both phones aren't stock android after all) so Samsung can still stuff new stuff into the s4, so download a third party keyboard (I use go keyboard) or grab the apk from your girlfriend's phone and hope it works on your note 2.

Smack that thanks button If I helped!
Always make a nandroid backup before trying anything risky
Sent from my fabulous N7105 powered by Illusion ROM and Plasma Kernel.
Sent from dat small country called Singapore.

P.S. Quote my post for replies ASAP.
The Following User Says Thank You to MehruNisa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WannabeeGBG
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, I didn't have time for that, however I will try it some day. Thanks to all for the tip.
Instead I got myself a SM-N9005 (Note 3). And, if possible, I love this more than the Note 2!
/Daniel
Motorola Minicall, Mobira Cityman, Ericsson Ga318, Panasonic G500, Panasonic GD92, Nokia 3210, Siemens C25, Nokia 6150, Ericsson T20, Ericsson T28, Ericsson T39, Nokia 8310, Nokia 6510, Nokia 3510i, Nokia 6610, SonyEricsson S700i, SonyEricsson W800i, SonyEricsson W950i, SonyEricsson P1i, Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i, iPhone 4 32GB, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, iPhone 5S 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Tags
emoji, note 2, note ii