Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,221 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone can't get signal after flashing Stock

Tip us?

Shortbusdriver
Old
(Last edited by Shortbusdriver; 9th April 2014 at 02:22 AM.) Reason: Update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Phone can't get signal after flashing Stock

I was running VRAMC3 with root and unlocked bootloader and decided to try CM11. I followed the instructions to upgrade on the official nightly page (install latest CWM, install rom/gapps, do a factory reset, reboot), however when I booted into CM11 I found that I had no signal and my baseband said "Unknown" under phone status. I read that flashing stock through odin and redoing the entire root/unlock process would allow me to restore my baseband. I tried flashing VRAMC3 stock, but I am still receiving no signal and even worse I am now stuck on a setup page that reads "Please wait while your phone connects to Verizon Wireless and automatically activates". Obviously it is never going to activate if it can't even get a signal. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can return signal to the phone?

Thanks

Edit: After waiting forever it finally let me skip activation. However, the baseband is still Unknown so I am basically back where I started.

Edit: Solved! Just in case anyone runs into this in the future this is what I did:

1) Flash whatever stock came with the phone (VRAMC3 in my case)
2) Wait for the stupid activation to fail (takes forever)
3) Enable ADB and use the casual tool to root/unlock again
4) Install the t0lte mj9 firmware (NOT the whole mj9 stock file)
5) Baseband magically works again
6) Install whatever 4.3 rom (I'm too scared to try CM11 again)

Don't ask me why it works or what even went wrong in the first place but just in anyone else runs into the problem this is what I did.

amoot329
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I flashed Beans MJ9 firmware. Have flashed back n forth before multiple aosp ROMs and Alliance ROMs. Have no issues with lost data/signal. If you have the latest recovery installed should resolve your lost signal issue. Use either TWRP or philz touch cwm.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3664

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbusdriver View Post
I was running VRAMC3 with root and unlocked bootloader and decided to try CM11. I followed the instructions to upgrade on the official nightly page (install latest CWM, install rom/gapps, do a factory reset, reboot), however when I booted into CM11 I found that I had no signal and my baseband said "Unknown" under phone status. I read that flashing stock through odin and redoing the entire root/unlock process would allow me to restore my baseband. I tried flashing VRAMC3 stock, but I am still receiving no signal and even worse I am now stuck on a setup page that reads "Please wait while your phone connects to Verizon Wireless and automatically activates". Obviously it is never going to activate if it can't even get a signal. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can return signal to the phone?

Thanks

Edit: After waiting forever it finally let me skip activation. However, the baseband is still Unknown so I am basically back where I started.

Edit: Solved! Just in case anyone runs into this in the future this is what I did:

1) Flash whatever stock came with the phone (VRAMC3 in my case)
2) Wait for the stupid activation to fail (takes forever)
3) Enable ADB and use the casual tool to root/unlock again
4) Install the t0lte mj9 firmware (NOT the whole mj9 stock file)
5) Baseband magically works again
6) Install whatever 4.3 rom (I'm too scared to try CM11 again)

Don't ask me why it works or what even went wrong in the first place but just in anyone else runs into the problem this is what I did.
Wouldn't be scared to flash cm11 again.. If it happens again instead of Odin back to ramc3 just flash mj9 firmware again and it will fix your problem..
As far as no signal for cm11 couple ?'s..
Are you sure you flashed the one for this device?
Before you flashed, did you wipe everything? Cache, delvik, system and data..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
Tags
activate, baseband, no signal, stuck, unknown baseband