[Q] Phone can't get signal after flashing Stock
I was running VRAMC3 with root and unlocked bootloader and decided to try CM11. I followed the instructions to upgrade on the official nightly page (install latest CWM, install rom/gapps, do a factory reset, reboot), however when I booted into CM11 I found that I had no signal and my baseband said "Unknown" under phone status. I read that flashing stock through odin and redoing the entire root/unlock process would allow me to restore my baseband. I tried flashing VRAMC3 stock, but I am still receiving no signal and even worse I am now stuck on a setup page that reads "Please wait while your phone connects to Verizon Wireless and automatically activates". Obviously it is never going to activate if it can't even get a signal. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can return signal to the phone?
Edit: After waiting forever it finally let me skip activation. However, the baseband is still Unknown so I am basically back where I started.
Edit: Solved! Just in case anyone runs into this in the future this is what I did:
1) Flash whatever stock came with the phone (VRAMC3 in my case)
2) Wait for the stupid activation to fail (takes forever)
3) Enable ADB and use the casual tool to root/unlock again
4) Install the t0lte mj9 firmware (NOT the whole mj9 stock file)
5) Baseband magically works again
6) Install whatever 4.3 rom (I'm too scared to try CM11 again)
Don't ask me why it works or what even went wrong in the first place but just in anyone else runs into the problem this is what I did.