Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] I deleted my efs data in the service menu

OP Izord

9th April 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
417 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
I was on CleanRom ACE 5.0 I think. Then I deleted my EFS data from within the service menu. Then I couldn't get a cell signal.

Today I flashed back to a stock I605VRAMC3 using ODIN. That didn't fix it.

Can you please point me in the right direction on how to fix this?

I've read the forum for about 3 hours and can't find the answer.

Thanks.

9th April 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Saint Louis Mo
Thanks Meter: 2
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Do you have a twrp or cwm backup?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
9th April 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
417 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by macasus76

Do you have a twrp or cwm backup?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

No, I have twrp installed on my phone, but didn't make a backup on this phone.

I don't think I have any saved backups from older phones either.

Is there a file I can copy to my phone or ADB commands to make it work?

I've seen a few posts where people ask for the EFS files, maybe there are three of them?

I don't know what the result of those requests were.
9th April 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Saint Louis Mo
Thanks Meter: 2
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
I can email you mine. Not sure of that will help. Send me a pm with your email. I'm at work now so I will send when I get home.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
9th April 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
417 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by macasus76

I can email you mine. Not sure of that will help. Send me a pm with your email. I'm at work now so I will send when I get home.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Thanks! I had replaced my Note 2 in December using my assurian insurance with $100 deductible. So I called them today and told 'DonTrey' what happened. He said they'd send me a new phone for free so I didn't argue.

It should get here tomorrow. Are there any issues flashing to the latest ROMs? Which one would you recommend?
9th April 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Saint Louis Mo
Thanks Meter: 2
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Depends on what firmware is installed when you get it. If it's completely locked down then safestrap will give you root but no custom roms as of yet. I prefer meanbean but that's just my opinion. I run meanbean reborn v0.9 It's so smooth and battery life is the best. But again just my 2 cents.

Just found this for future reference
How to Backup EFS for SCH-I605?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51538033

How to Backup EFS for SCH-I605?
Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by macasus76; 10th April 2014 at 01:47 AM.
10th April 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
417 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by macasus76

Depends on what firmware is installed when you get it. If it's completely locked down then safestrap will give you root but no custom roms as of yet. I prefer meanbean but that's just my opinion. I run meanbean reborn v0.9 It's so smooth and battery life is the best. But again just my 2 cents.

Just found this for future reference
How to Backup EFS for SCH-I605?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51538033

How to Backup EFS for SCH-I605?
Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

OK thanks Macasus, I might try that meanbean. Is it a 4.4 or 4.3 Touchwiz based ROM? I saw some ROMs that included some stuff from the Note 3. I might try some of them out.

I'll do some reading and find out how to tell if my new phone is completely locked down. That would suck. I'm hoping it will arrive today.

I have a week of vacation, and of course I have to deal with my phone for half of it. I'm almost ready to jump ship and get an iPhone. j/k
10th April 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #8  
Member
Flag Saint Louis Mo
Thanks Meter: 2
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Izord that's not even funny lol! Glad I can help and the folks here will be just as helpful along the way I'm sure. Enjoy!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes