5,598,233 Members 47,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+] Telegram, the secure chat client.

Tip us?

nor-ric
Old
(Last edited by nor-ric; 24th March 2014 at 03:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba7rani123 View Post
I think you are a bit confused...
If you swipe any app (including whatsapp) from recents it is closed thats how android works

Pressing the back button should leave it in the ram and you should receive your notifications

hope this helps
Whatsapp doesn't do that. I know that's the ordinary behaviour of Android, but I guess it can be handled by each app accordingly to its needs. There are lots of apps that are designed to never close: for example tasker and so on. They dont't close at all, even when you swipe them out of the recent apps.

Edit: I also noticed that Telegram gets killed very easily when the system is low on memory... I have 1GB of ram.

_artem_
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba7rani123 View Post
I think you are a bit confused...
If you swipe any app (including whatsapp) from recents it is closed thats how android works

Pressing the back button should leave it in the ram and you should receive your notifications

hope this helps
Yes android works this way with ordinary apps, but messaging apps have service that keeps the app work in background. When you swipe such an app, its service is also spied but couple of seconds later service starts again and app is again working in background (listening for new messages). That's how android works.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _artem_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nor-ric
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
Yes android works this way with ordinary apps, but messaging apps have service that keeps the app work in background. When you swipe such an app, its service is also spied but couple of seconds later service starts again and app is again working in background (listening for new messages). That's how android works.
Wow, so that's the technical explanation of what I had experienced!
Do you think that the lack of a service is also related to the last "bug" I've noticed? I.e. Telegram gets killed very easily when the system is low on memory. The service is how whatsapp, tasker and so on manage to never force close: that is they get closed but immediately reopen thanks to the service?

_artem_
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by nor-ric View Post
Wow, so that's the technical explanation of what I had experienced!
Do you think that the lack of a service is also related to the last "bug" I've noticed? I.e. Telegram gets killed very easily when the system is low on memory. The service is how whatsapp, tasker and so on manage to never force close: that is they get closed but immediately reopen thanks to the service?
Yes services can be killed when ram is low, as soon as you have enough free ram service will start automatically (there is also a bug in kitkat that prevents services sometimes to restart automatically, don't know if ics is affected by this bug too)
The Following User Says Thank You to _artem_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nor-ric
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
Yes services can be killed when ram is low, as soon as you have enough free ram service will start automatically (there is also a bug in kitkat that prevents services sometimes to restart automatically, don't know if ics is affected by this bug too)
Well, I can say that tasker, whatsapp and so on never close, even when there are tons of apps opened and the memory is full. So I don't think there's a bug in ICS.

Vit5000
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Telegram got two updates in between, providing additional languages and some minor stuff, e.g. GIF support.

Funny thing!

sabret00the
Old
Thanks Meter 382
GIF support is great. If only they could fix GIF sharing directly from G+

Still need to be able to disable last online time though.

Vit5000
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Haha, GIFs are great. Could already impress my family with animated pictures.

davboc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The only aspect to improve for me is the syncronize of notifications: I have telegram on three devices, if I chat with a device, every message that i receive generates a notification on the other two device. I think that, like in the other chats clients, the notification must be postponed of a few seconds, and if the message is already read in another device during this time the app shouldn't generate the notification... or am I doing something wrong?