Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,846 Members 51,453 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Huawei P6 keeps rebooting in standby mode

Tip us?

tallen-za
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Huawei P6 keeps rebooting in standby mode

Hey everyone.

I'm really hoping someone can help me with my Huawei P6 Ascend.

For the last 2 days, my phone goes into a reboot cycle or switches off every time its on standby. When I'm using the phone (or when the screen is on) or if the screen is off, but I'm playing music, the phone is fine. But every time I press the sleep button on the side or the screen goes off normally, the phone either restarts itself, or switches off completely. It restarts or switches off within 30 seconds of going into standby, which is VERY frustrating.

I booted in safe mode, did a factory reset, and even installed the Chinese version KitKat OS. After Installing Kit Kat, the phone no longer restarts, it now just switches off completely once it goes into standby.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do next?

Some other useful info:
- It started rebooting after I used the google maps app. I read that Jelly Bean sometimes rebooted when using GPS, so thats why I installed KitKat.
- Every time it would reboot in Jelly Bean, it would start in airplane mode. Now, with KitKat, it just switches off and I have to manually start it, but it doesnt start in airplane mode.

Please please help!

warea
Old
Thanks Meter 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen-za View Post
Hey everyone.

I'm really hoping someone can help me with my Huawei P6 Ascend.

For the last 2 days, my phone goes into a reboot cycle or switches off every time its on standby. When I'm using the phone (or when the screen is on) or if the screen is off, but I'm playing music, the phone is fine. But every time I press the sleep button on the side or the screen goes off normally, the phone either restarts itself, or switches off completely. It restarts or switches off within 30 seconds of going into standby, which is VERY frustrating.

I booted in safe mode, did a factory reset, and even installed the Chinese version KitKat OS. After Installing Kit Kat, the phone no longer restarts, it now just switches off completely once it goes into standby.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do next?

Some other useful info:
- It started rebooting after I used the google maps app. I read that Jelly Bean sometimes rebooted when using GPS, so thats why I installed KitKat.
- Every time it would reboot in Jelly Bean, it would start in airplane mode. Now, with KitKat, it just switches off and I have to manually start it, but it doesnt start in airplane mode.

Please please help!
Havent you tried deleting the google map app yet ?

Huawei Ascend P6-U06 (EMUI2.3+KitKat)

tallen-za
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, the KitKat version doesn't have any GAPPS, and its still doing it...