rooCase Origami slimShell

Search This thread

ChrisNee1988

Nov 2, 2010
I finally bought this case this week because i found it on sale. I don't know why you guys had problems with it but it works perfectly fine to me. The magnets seem a bit weak but definitely don't interfere with the wacom digitizer or the screen. Its very slim and works well as a stand for landscape and portrait. :good:

jaypeezee

Aug 16, 2008
I too bought the rooCase despite the reported issues with intentions of modifying (removing) the magnets. I only paid $6.98 from Amazon - thanks slickdeals!

For those that have removed the magnets, which did you remove? and how exactly?

jaypeezee

Aug 16, 2008
Can others chime in... I've got roo's attention. Sent them an email directing them to this thread and others in the Accessories forum.

Explain the issues you are experiencing on how to reproduce, if possible. thanks.

Mayonesa

Jan 31, 2009
No issues here, i used it for a while. Im trying a new case but i still have the roo case.

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Mr_Armageddon

Oct 31, 2007
Denver
I have been using this case for over a week, and so far I really like it. No issues to report so far, even with heavy Spen use.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Tapatalk HD

flathunt

Jul 26, 2011
London
Just received mine, I love it, it's the nicest case I've had for anything, premium feel and fit, it's the same material as the iPad smart cover as far as I can tell, almost neoprene. The magnets are strong enough to hold it firmly closed but they don't interfere with normal operation. It's a minor (really minor) fiddle to fold into position but that's probably because it's new, you need to actually have the tab leaning on the fold for it to hold, but I suspect in time it will be able to support itself in the folded position. Currently, the resistance to the fold is marginally stronger than the magnets holding it together, if that makes sense. When the tablet's leaning on the fold, it's fine.

nrthwds

Jan 27, 2014
New light blue case, Origami

Looked great and I really do like it. Would have liked black so I sold the light blue one.

Last edited:

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
I had the rooCase Origami for my Nexus 7. It had a big problem: the magnet is too strong such that when I fold the tablet to make it stand on landscape mode, it will turn off the screen. Contacted the seller and they send 2 replacement, both have the same problem.

Does this have the same issue?

thenag

Mar 18, 2009
I've had the origami case for a few months and it's never done that. Magnets seem fine. It's a great case...

Dr. FGFOF

Jul 19, 2014
Should I go with the original samsung cover or this one? The disparity in price is certainly making me lean towards this one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Received the rooCase origami slimshell case today and figured I'd share pictures

Overall the case is sturdy. Does have the autowake function. I like how it looks on the tablet.
    The magnets keep the case closed and there are different viewing angles. It doesn't add bulk to the tablet
    but the case is a lot heavier than I expected.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FPT4Y6M/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NIFKuT9h.jpg

qJUTCDVh.jpg

zQ8Udf6h.jpg

UzkBXiIh.jpg

MyUAWnTh.jpg

OQjH3WDh.jpg

p9BmPTwh.jpg

IKIimAVh.jpg
    @anotherday,

thanks for sharing the pictures of the case! very helpful post :)
    I have a question, does the back feel like hard plastic? or rubbery (grippy) feel?

It feels like a smooth hard plastic to me. There isn't much grip to it since there is no added texture.
    Great find! I've been looking for a case that can stand portrait and landscape. Does it seem stable in both orientations? Stable enough to tap while reading or browsing? If so this may be the next addition to the family.

Definitely stable in landscape mode. Portrait was a little trickier for me. It was a little confusing to find the correct way to get it to stand in portrait, but once I did I could tap it and type with no problems. However landscape I could move/drag the tablet around on the desk and it would hold its position. Portrait I had to re-balance it every time I moved it around.
    Couple of questions for ya because I'm considering getting this.
    Do the magnets interfere with the digitizer function at all?
    I saw a nexus 7 video for this case where folding the cover back triggered the auto off function through the magnet? Can you fold the cover back all the way safely without any issues?
    What's the texture like - similar to the iPad smart covers?

I want to pull the trigger on this but its so effin expensive in Canada, nearly 20 bucks more with shipping.

I've only had it on the unit for a few hours but I've noticed no differences in the ability to write. It seems like the digitilzer is holding up just fine. It also folds back all the way so the magnets do end up behind the case, but it's really thick on the backside so it doesn't turn off. I've never felt the ipad cases actually but its a smooth plasticy fake leather sort of feeling (I guess the PU shell). The back is sturdy. (Like I said - because of that it's a bit heavier than I expected) The inside is a soft material that won't scratch the screen.

I'd say go for it. I'm curious how this case would hold up if I dropped the tablet but I don't really want to try that to find out..

Any concerns about the folding mechanism wearing down or feeling loose over time?

From just using it today there are some crease/wear marks where the folds are, but I think that will just make folding easier. The other parts of the case are pretty thick and solid feeling. I don't see those breaking down. :) I'm not sure about it feeling loose. I wish the case came up a bit and wrapped around the front of the unit, I'd then feel like it was more secure. It's not 'easy' to take the tablet out of the case but it does pop out easily when you want it to.