Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bricked LG G2

OP NillKill

10th April 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I'm really pissed this happened, and feel kind of stupid, but... --- When I flashed the latest Malladus 2.0 ROM on my phone, I was unable to get into TWRP (recovery) in order to flash the latest GApps. So, I became restless, and thought it was a "good" idea to use Flashify through my and flash "recovery.img" from the TWRP 2.7.0.0 folder, and now I am 99.9% sure my G2 is bricked. Anytime I try to boot into my phone, the LG logo appears for a second and then boots into a black screen, while the device is still on.

I can't find a proper unbrick/restore tutorial. I've tried a few different youtube videos, and a few XDA threads. Can someone send me an easy tutorial/guide?

Thank you.
10th April 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,513

2,540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NillKill

I'm really pissed this happened, and feel kind of stupid, but... --- When I flashed the latest Malladus 2.0 ROM on my phone, I was unable to get into TWRP (recovery) in order to flash the latest GApps. So, I became restless, and thought it was a "good" idea to use Flashify through my and flash "recovery.img" from the TWRP 2.7.0.0 folder, and now I am 99.9% sure my G2 is bricked. Anytime I try to boot into my phone, the LG logo appears for a second and then boots into a black screen, while the device is still on.

I can't find a proper unbrick/restore tutorial. I've tried a few different youtube videos, and a few XDA threads. Can someone send me an easy tutorial/guide?

Thank you.

okay so can you go into download mode(hold volume up while plugging it into your pc)/what happens when you plug it into your pc(without trying to enter download mode, while it's turned on in the black screen)?
10th April 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Nvm, disregard my issue. It's been fixed. I'm back on my stock Verizon LG G2. For anyone who is experiencing the same problem I had, PM me and I'll send you the link of the tutorial. (I can't post links on here yet)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread