Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,522 Members 38,338 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked LG G2

Tip us?

NillKill
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bricked LG G2

I'm really pissed this happened, and feel kind of stupid, but... --- When I flashed the latest Malladus 2.0 ROM on my phone, I was unable to get into TWRP (recovery) in order to flash the latest GApps. So, I became restless, and thought it was a "good" idea to use Flashify through my and flash "recovery.img" from the TWRP 2.7.0.0 folder, and now I am 99.9% sure my G2 is bricked. Anytime I try to boot into my phone, the LG logo appears for a second and then boots into a black screen, while the device is still on.

I can't find a proper unbrick/restore tutorial. I've tried a few different youtube videos, and a few XDA threads. Can someone send me an easy tutorial/guide?

Thank you.

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1279
Quote:
Originally Posted by NillKill View Post
I'm really pissed this happened, and feel kind of stupid, but... --- When I flashed the latest Malladus 2.0 ROM on my phone, I was unable to get into TWRP (recovery) in order to flash the latest GApps. So, I became restless, and thought it was a "good" idea to use Flashify through my and flash "recovery.img" from the TWRP 2.7.0.0 folder, and now I am 99.9% sure my G2 is bricked. Anytime I try to boot into my phone, the LG logo appears for a second and then boots into a black screen, while the device is still on.

I can't find a proper unbrick/restore tutorial. I've tried a few different youtube videos, and a few XDA threads. Can someone send me an easy tutorial/guide?

Thank you.
okay so can you go into download mode(hold volume up while plugging it into your pc)/what happens when you plug it into your pc(without trying to enter download mode, while it's turned on in the black screen)?

NillKill
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nvm, disregard my issue. It's been fixed. I'm back on my stock Verizon LG G2. For anyone who is experiencing the same problem I had, PM me and I'll send you the link of the tutorial. (I can't post links on here yet)