Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,628 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there a way to keep other gestures on but turn off double tap to wake?

Tip us?

z-man79
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Is there a way to keep other gestures on but turn off double tap to wake?

I am quickly finding that double tap to wake may be too sensitive for me. I am constantly finding my phone awake without intentionally trying to turn it on. Is there a way to either just turn off that one gesture or drop the sensitivity?

Thanks
Z

andrewnelson
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 23
I don't know but i need it also.

TheBiles
Old
Thanks Meter 156
I found that the other gestures were the ones waking my phone and double tap was the only good one. Just swiping across the screen when it's off shouldn't unlock the phone. I can't stand those gestures.

--
Sent from my HTC One M8

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBiles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sfreemanoh
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiles View Post
I found that the other gestures were the ones waking my phone and double tap was the only good one. Just swiping across the screen when it's off shouldn't unlock the phone. I can't stand those gestures.

--
Sent from my HTC One M8
Ditto for me, but it seems like an all or nothing deal. I could be wrong though, and I hope someone will eventually figure out how to disable the others, but until then I enabled a pattern lock so it'll stop getting unlocked accidentally.

zounduser
Old
Thanks Meter 1469

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiles View Post

--
Sent from my HTC One M8
I like the gestures, but I'm the same, double tap to wake is great. And the Swype gestures are good too, but I have a problem with Them. I can't even clean my screen without the phone coming on. And installing the screen protector, I had to turn it off completely.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
AT&T HTC ONE
VERIZON HTC ONE max
AT&T Galaxy Note 3
BLACKOUT SQUAD MEMBER
TEAM DART TESTER
VIPER ROM TESTER