Post Reply

[Q] Google Fast Touch 10" tablet

10th April 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Does anyone know anything about this tablet? My wife just got one and wanted to see if porting KitKat was possible on this device?
It comes with Android 4.2.
10th April 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #2  
shimp208's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,566
 
2,248 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsreyes1014

Does anyone know anything about this tablet? My wife just got one and wanted to see if porting KitKat was possible on this device?
It comes with Android 4.2.

The tablet appears to be just another no-name brand tablet , the Google in the branding name is misleading as the device has nothing to do with Google (It's not at all an official Google branded product) other then it runs Android. As far as porting KitKat is concerned, it is possible but it will unforutnately be difficult without an official kernel source from the manufacture or your own knowledge of compiling AOSP KitKat or say Cyanogenmod 11 for an unsupported device.
10th April 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:

The tablet appears to be just another no-name brand tablet , the Google in the branding name is misleading as the device has nothing to do with Google (It's not at all an official Google branded product) other then it runs Android. As far as porting KitKat is concerned, it is possible but it will unforutnately be difficult without an official kernel source from the manufacture or your own knowledge of compiling AOSP KitKat or say Cyanogenmod 11 for an unsupported device.

If I was able to obtain kernel source would it be possible for you or anyone to build KitKat for it? How do I obtain kernel source?
10th April 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #4  
shimp208's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,566
 
2,248 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsreyes1014

If I was able to obtain kernel source would it be possible for you or anyone to build KitKat for it? How do I obtain kernel source?

In the case of your device you would have to contact the manufacture and ask them to provide you with the kernel source code, and even then if they did you would still have to undergo the process of extracting the files for your device and fixing any broken features that would likely arise during the KitKat building process.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank