More
Play plants VS zombies 2. That app drains it in about an hour 100 to 0%

Sent from my SM-N9005 beast of a phone.
10th April 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric214

Well, a lot of things go into battery life. Surfing the web since it uses data and when on 4g or LTE data you will use a lot of battery. That said, things I do for best battery are these...

Any app you don't want or need running background data i would restrict the background data under settings-data usage then tap what is using data and you can tap restrict background data. Turn off all your syncs (use manual sync) unless you have to have them like email maybe and dont let it sync every 15 min maybe change it to once an hour or every 4 hours. I would use your internet for about an hour of surfing and see what you get after that. I probably lose about 10% battery per 45 min or so of constant web surfing on stock browser at 30-40% brightness. Also, turn off your auto brightness... it will never save you battery but use more. it will almost always be brighter then you need. Just adjust the brightness as you need it. I run mine at 20-25% brightness unless i need it higher.

hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply . I try to use the device for an hour and let you know how much battery drain. I did not understand, what should I do to change the synchronization of e-mail every 4 hours (I use gmail app). I went into the account - sync but does not make me choose how often to do the synchronization. Can you help me?
Last edited by nortonxita; 10th April 2014 at 10:25 AM.
10th April 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #13  
Flag 2nd floor still under sea-level.
Thanks Meter: 60

240 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonxita

Thank you for your reply . I try to use the device for an hour and let you know how much battery drain. I did not understand, what should I do to change the synchronization of e-mail every 4 hours (I use gmail app). I went into the account - sync but does not make me choose how often to do the synchronization. Can you help me?

You might want to read this first before damaging your battery.
Goodluck!
The Following User Says Thank You to HanZie82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #14  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 119

548 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonxita

Well I can't help much with gmail since I don't use it. I looked in Gmail settings and I see no options for sync times either. I use stock email. You might not be able to change or specify that. Someone else that knows may be able to chime in.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread