Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RMA Failure. Options?

Tip us?

Chocobubba
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default RMA Failure. Options?

I recently sent my tablet in for repair, and they sent it back seemingly untouched. It came with a paper with my info on it, but under the section listing the issues and the repairs done, both were left blank.

To summarize my issue, it'll randomly freeze during use or idle (not usually idle though) and if I put any pressure on the top left corner of the screen. The freezing sometimes causes screen glitches and after a moment or two, it reboots.

So, What are my options for contacting ASUS and trying to get this fixed/replaced, and what can I tell them I've done to try and fix it that is within the realm of warranty. (Factory reset? Flashed a stock rom? )

Thank you on advance!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sean_seddon
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Are you based in the UK?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Nexus 5 | Purity ROM 7/08 | Elemental X 1.05

Chocobubba
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_seddon View Post
Are you based in the UK?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I'm based in the US, and the RMA was sent to Texas.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Zargon335
Old
Thanks Meter 13
ASUS currently has my tablet for the 3rd time. All for the same issue (horrible flickering, screen turning off & on). The first two times they sent it back to me after performing a factory reset only, despite me telling them that I had done that numerous times.

After many many emails/chats/telephone calls I finally got them to agree to not send the device back to me without fixing the problem. I have recorded video of the problem which I e-mailed to them (not sure if that did any good or not).

Anyways, today I finally received word that they replaced the LCD panel and GPS module. My tablet will be shipped back to me today. My first RMA was in October. What a horrible mess this whole process has been.

Chocobubba
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zargon335 View Post
ASUS currently has my tablet for the 3rd time. All for the same issue (horrible flickering, screen turning off & on). The first two times they sent it back to me after performing a factory reset only, despite me telling them that I had done that numerous times.

After many many emails/chats/telephone calls I finally got them to agree to not send the device back to me without fixing the problem. I have recorded video of the problem which I e-mailed to them (not sure if that did any good or not).

Anyways, today I finally received word that they replaced the LCD panel and GPS module. My tablet will be shipped back to me today. My first RMA was in October. What a horrible mess this whole process has been.
If you don't mind me asking, who did you email?

From what I can tell all they did was pin a few stickers to my tablet and ship it right back. I'm not even sure they factory reset it. Lot of good it would have done.

Zargon335
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobubba View Post
If you don't mind me asking, who did you email?

From what I can tell all they did was pin a few stickers to my tablet and ship it right back. I'm not even sure they factory reset it. Lot of good it would have done.
Someone named Aaron L, but the emails all went through techsupport@asus.com. This is the number I called: 888-678-3688. Calling seemed to work better than e-mail.