Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wired Xbox 360 controller broken support

Tip us?

JoaoGuiPan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Exclamation Wired Xbox 360 controller broken support

Hello everyone.

I recently purchased the lg g pad and I'm very satisfied with it, although I encountered this annoying issue...

yesterday I decided to get a USB OTG adapter so I could play games with my official xbox 360 controller, specially GTA series and emulators. But, for my surprise, it didn't quite work as I expected, with random button pressing and blinking xbox logo button all the time. It was impossible to play :/

I already tested both the cable and my controller on my friends motorola xoom and worked quite well with GTA vice city.

I would like to know if anyone has ever had this issue or if my tablet may be defective and I need to replace it.

By the way, I tried to use the cable to open a pen drive on the g pad and it worked flawlessly. I got official 4.4.2 stock ROM installed via OTA, unrooted and factory locked.

Thanks for your support
LG Google Nexus 4
ROM: KK 4.4.2 cm11-OFFICIAL
---------------------
LG G Pad 8.3 V500
ROM: KK 4.4.2 Stock

nightanole
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Im running mahdi rom and dont have your issue when running my wired 360 or knock off ps3 controller. Does it happen after a fixed time, i never play for more than 10-15 min.
The Following User Says Thank You to nightanole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JoaoGuiPan
Old
(Last edited by JoaoGuiPan; 10th April 2014 at 05:51 PM.) Reason: mahdi rom
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
Im running mahdi rom and dont have your issue when running my wired 360 or knock off ps3 controller. Does it happen after a fixed time, i never play for more than 10-15 min.
Thank you for your reply =) No, it happens as soon as I plug in the controller. Have you ever tried playing on the stock ROM?

EDIT: I'll try flashing mahdi rom, depending on result I'll return it to warranty after restock, will report ASAP
LG Google Nexus 4
---------------------
LG G Pad 8.3 V500

nightanole
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaoGuiPan View Post
Thank you for your reply =) No, it happens as soon as I plug in the controller. Have you ever tried playing on the stock ROM?

EDIT: I'll try flashing mahdi rom, depending on result I'll return it to warranty after restock, will report ASAP
http://www.amazon.com/CNE93775-T-Fla.../dp/B005FUNYSA

This it the otg i use. I guess my htc one x is picky on which one, so i just plugged it into my gpad and crossed my fingers. I never used the stock version sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to nightanole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JoaoGuiPan
Old
(Last edited by JoaoGuiPan; 11th April 2014 at 03:35 AM.) Reason: Update
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightanole2661
http://www.amazon.com/CNE93775-T-Fla.../dp/B005FUNYSA

This it the otg i use. I guess my htc one x is picky on which one, so i just plugged it into my gpad and crossed my fingers. I never used the stock version sorry.
Nice =] I have another brand, but also generic otg. I hope this is a stock rom driver issue and not a hardware one =/ It's always a pain to deal with warranty stuff

EDIT: I just installed Mahdi ROM, it didn't work I think I'll have to replace my tablet... Damn it :/
LG Google Nexus 4
---------------------
LG G Pad 8.3 V500