Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 51,925 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What is the SAR value mentioned in the manual?

Tip us?

gautman
Old
(Last edited by gautman; 25th March 2014 at 04:59 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] What is the SAR value mentioned in the manual?

Hi fellow P6 owners,

I bought the P6 after a lot of research including the SAR rating which seemed acceptable as per the following website and a few others that confirmed it to be "0.64W / Kg" (US) -
androidvipclub<dot>com/sar-values-of-all-android-phones/

However, when i received the phone and checked the manual, it says that the SAR value is 1.590W / KG !
This is more than double the value specified in reviews / websites like the one above.

I hope Huawei isn't quietly varying the SAR limit on a country by country basis. Is that even possible?

Also, could anyone please post what they see as the SAR value in their copy of the manual?
It would be helpful to include the country of purchase.

gautman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bump! Could anyone care to check their P6 safety guide that came along with their phone and report what is the Actual SAR of this phone? I think the actual SAR is way higher than what is being reported on websites everywhere.

klincharov
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gautman View Post
Bump! Could anyone care to check their P6 safety guide that came along with their phone and report what is the Actual SAR of this phone? I think the actual SAR is way higher than what is being reported on websites everywhere.
"The highest SAR value reported ... at the ear was 0.638W/kg, and when properly worn on the body is 0.850W/kg."
Huawei Ascend P6 - OmniRom
Ainol Novo 7 Venus - SharkAndroid - Vivante GC1000+ sucks

gautman
Old
(Last edited by gautman; 10th April 2014 at 08:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by klincharov View Post
"The highest SAR value reported ... at the ear was 0.638W/kg, and when properly worn on the body is 0.850W/kg."
Thanks! I am assuming that is what is written in your safety guide that came in the box. In which country did you purchase the handset from?

It is strange really, here in India, the safety guide says - "The highest SAR value for this device is 1.59 W/Kg".
How can the SAR value for the same handset vary by such a large number in different countries? How is that possible?

It would be great if any others who own the P6 can confirm what they see in their manual / safety guide.

Edit: It appears that the differences in values could be because of different SAR standards (EU vs. US). If anyone who purchased this phone in the US could confirm this then i think that could be the reason for the different SAR values.

klincharov
Old
Thanks Meter 17
It is from Austria.
Huawei Ascend P6 - OmniRom
Ainol Novo 7 Venus - SharkAndroid - Vivante GC1000+ sucks

gautman
Old
(Last edited by gautman; 10th April 2014 at 08:59 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by klincharov View Post
It is from Austria.
Makes sense then, as per the following website, the SAR values in your manual are as per EU standards. Maybe the SAR US rating is 1.590 W / Kg.
sarshield<dot>com/radiation-chart/