Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,370 Members 37,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Group text

Tip us?

Heretic90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Group text

I looked for a similar thread and I couldn't find anything. I dont know if its rom specific or maybe a setting I missed somewhere.

I'm Military and I often get group texts from 10+ people at a time. I'm running Slimkat 4.0 release. Now I get the texts which is great but I get them all individually. Instead of all on one text. So I have multiple numbers texting me from one group and It's hard to know who was the original sender to reply. Is there a setting I happened to miss or is this something that I can fix through some help. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 651
There might be some settings there in the message app, but I have never used that ROM to be honest.. Textra works really well with group messaging however, you might want to give it a try!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Heretic90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I downloaded it and I'll give it a try. Seems to fit my needs for the "inverted" type. Hopefully its the app and Textra will fix it. Thank you.

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic90 View Post
I downloaded it and I'll give it a try. Seems to fit my needs for the "inverted" type. Hopefully its the app and Textra will fix it. Thank you.
You're welcome just remember if one of the recipient's SMS app doesn't support group texting, you'll still receive the messages individually, but only for those recipient's replies

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Tags
mms, sms