Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Opening Links in Multi-Window

Tip us?

animedreamer240
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Opening Links in Multi-Window

Hi guys,

When I use two apps side-by-side, say Youtube and Skype, and I click on a friend's YT link, Skype disappears. I want to watch videos in YT above the Skype window, instead of having to pair the apps in multi-window mode all over again. In other words, I want links to open in the other app while staying side-by-side.This was possible on my Galaxy Note 10.1, so I wonder why it's not working here and if there's something that I need to do.

Thanks~

dodo99x
Old
Thanks Meter 51
You may need to drag YouTube from the multi window launcher and place it above Skype before clicking on the yt link.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

jaegorith
Old
Thanks Meter 18
My Tab Pro 10.1 only allows two windows in multi-window mode, so I can't fully test this scenario. However, in Settings/Device/Multi window, there is an option to open in multi window view.
Once I checked that, then I opened the USA Today app alongside my browser. I then clicked on a link in the USA Today app, and it opened in the browser that is next to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaegorith For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

animedreamer240
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaegorith View Post
My Tab Pro 10.1 only allows two windows in multi-window mode, so I can't fully test this scenario. However, in Settings/Device/Multi window, there is an option to open in multi window view.
Once I checked that, then I opened the USA Today app alongside my browser. I then clicked on a link in the USA Today app, and it opened in the browser that is next to it.
That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much. For some reason, I overlooked that... xD

jaegorith
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by animedreamer240 View Post
That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much. For some reason, I overlooked that... xD
Fantastic! So glad it worked for you.