Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 54,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Project Camera, where should I start?

Tip us?

Xeleth
Old
(Last edited by Xeleth; 9th April 2014 at 07:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 248

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Project Camera, where should I start?

Long story short, I bough an S4 half a year ago for 365 and started using it as my main phone. I was looking into baking/modifying a ROM for my Desire HD that would include only the necessary parts for the Sense camera (which still rocks compared to S4 btw).

What I'm looking for is:
  • No connectivity (calls, bluetooth, wifi, etc.)
  • No Sense/stock Android interface (no status bar, no launcher, no settings, nothing)
  • Only the absolutely required parts of the Sense framework for the camera to function with
  • Best camera software and libraries for DHD there are
  • A beast of a gallery app for going through photos and arranging them
  • Suggestions to make this even better

So, how would I go about these? Where should I start looking at parts that can be safely removed?
Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: In case you were wondering, why Desire HD as a camera? Well, just look at the image quality my device is able to produce (attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	asd.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	2677289  
The Following User Says Thank You to Xeleth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XDA_h3n
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeleth View Post
Long story short, I bough an S4 half a year ago for 365 and started using it as my main phone. I was looking into baking/modifying a ROM for my Desire HD that would include only the necessary parts for the Sense camera (which still rocks compared to S4 btw).

What I'm looking for is:
  • No connectivity (calls, bluetooth, wifi, etc.)
  • No Sense/stock Android interface (no status bar, no launcher, no settings, nothing)
  • Only the absolutely required parts of the Sense framework for the camera to function with
  • Best camera software and libraries for DHD there are
  • A beast of a gallery app for going through photos and arranging them
  • Suggestions to make this even better

So, how would I go about these? Where should I start looking at parts that can be safely removed?
Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: In case you were wondering, why Desire HD as a camera? Well, just look at the image quality my device is able to produce (attached).
This, just +1 - what I just needed ...

Simply put, this is possible by integrating the camera into a launcher with camera only features. Then go immersive mode and aeroplane mode on.

However, that is nothing. We need a enhanced camera like the Sony's cybershot or Sony's superior auto or Sony's ex..whatever which improves color. (lol, I'm used to my Xperia which is a modded camera app with 12mp it's a beast )

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S5 4G O2 16GB
ROM:Stock, unrooted - worse phone ever; can't return it

Other devices

HTC One Silver (32GB) - 4G
ROM:Viper Rom
BASE/FIRMWARE:6.09

HTC Desire HD 32 GB
ROM: CM11

Sony Xperia SL Black
ROM: CM11

Quote:
If I have helped you, please hit the the THANKS button! If not well, idc; this isn't an "interest" forum
My help is at your RISK!