Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 44,481 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I install LOKI on my rooted MDK (cwm)

Tip us?

calebcabob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 170
Exclamation [Q] Can I install LOKI on my rooted MDK (cwm)

Hey, I'm dying to flash this rom, but it says I either need to use safestrap or LOKI to do it. No support for flashing it with CWM.

So my question is, can I install LOKI (or a LOKI patch?) when I'm already fully rooted on my early model MDK build which already has CWM for recovery?

I also noticed that the ROM I wanna install says that I'd need to flash a separate kernel as well...does that mean I can flash any kernel I already know runs smoothly?... Like the one I'm currently using.

Thanks!

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 804
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578569
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1398

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcabob View Post
Hey, I'm dying to flash this rom, but it says I either need to use safestrap or LOKI to do it. No support for flashing it with CWM.

So my question is, can I install LOKI (or a LOKI patch?) when I'm already fully rooted on my early model MDK build which already has CWM for recovery?

I also noticed that the ROM I wanna install says that I'd need to flash a separate kernel as well...does that mean I can flash any kernel I already know runs smoothly?... Like the one I'm currently using.

Thanks!
If your on an MDK S4 that already has CWM on it I'd first suggest you update your recovery. I prefer Philz version of CWM and his latest has Loki support so that's just an easy way to do it aside from Goo/ROM Manager etc...

Then look for KToonsez Kernel for that ROM, I believe that ROM is 4.3 Touchwiz so look for KToonsez kernel for 4.3 TW not just any kernel or it won't work.

You should be good if you follow those steps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

calebcabob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 170
Tutorial Remove old CWM first? How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
If your on an MDK S4 that already has CWM on it I'd first suggest you update your recovery. I prefer Philz version of CWM and his latest has Loki support so that's just an easy way to do it aside from Goo/ROM Manager etc...

Then look for KToonsez Kernel for that ROM, I believe that ROM is 4.3 Touchwiz so look for KToonsez kernel for 4.3 TW not just any kernel or it won't work.

You should be good if you follow those steps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Thanks a lot! That was a perfect answer! So I'm gonna definitely try that new recovery...is it safe for me to flash Philz version WHILE I have the original Clockworkmod in there? Or if I need to uninstall that first, can you explain a little on how I should? Thanks again!

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1398

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcabob View Post
Thanks a lot! That was a perfect answer! So I'm gonna definitely try that new recovery...is it safe for me to flash Philz version WHILE I have the original Clockworkmod in there? Or if I need to uninstall that first, can you explain a little on how I should? Thanks again!
You would just download Philz latest " JFLTE" recovery and flash that like any other zip right from the CWM you have now and you're good!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
dux, gogolie, kernel, loki, safestrap