[Q] Can I install LOKI on my rooted MDK (cwm)

OP calebcabob

10th April 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Bristol County, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 252

611 posts
More
Hey, I'm dying to flash this rom, but it says I either need to use safestrap or LOKI to do it. No support for flashing it with CWM.

So my question is, can I install LOKI (or a LOKI patch?) when I'm already fully rooted on my early model MDK build which already has CWM for recovery?

I also noticed that the ROM I wanna install says that I'd need to flash a separate kernel as well...does that mean I can flash any kernel I already know runs smoothly?... Like the one I'm currently using.

Thanks!
10th April 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 817

2,413 posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578569
10th April 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #3  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,952

3,776 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcabob

Hey, I'm dying to flash this rom, but it says I either need to use safestrap or LOKI to do it. No support for flashing it with CWM.

So my question is, can I install LOKI (or a LOKI patch?) when I'm already fully rooted on my early model MDK build which already has CWM for recovery?

I also noticed that the ROM I wanna install says that I'd need to flash a separate kernel as well...does that mean I can flash any kernel I already know runs smoothly?... Like the one I'm currently using.

Thanks!

If your on an MDK S4 that already has CWM on it I'd first suggest you update your recovery. I prefer Philz version of CWM and his latest has Loki support so that's just an easy way to do it aside from Goo/ROM Manager etc...

Then look for KToonsez Kernel for that ROM, I believe that ROM is 4.3 Touchwiz so look for KToonsez kernel for 4.3 TW not just any kernel or it won't work.

You should be good if you follow those steps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Bristol County, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 252

611 posts
More
Tutorial Remove old CWM first? How?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

If your on an MDK S4 that already has CWM on it I'd first suggest you update your recovery. I prefer Philz version of CWM and his latest has Loki support so that's just an easy way to do it aside from Goo/ROM Manager etc...

Then look for KToonsez Kernel for that ROM, I believe that ROM is 4.3 Touchwiz so look for KToonsez kernel for 4.3 TW not just any kernel or it won't work.

You should be good if you follow those steps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Thanks a lot! That was a perfect answer! So I'm gonna definitely try that new recovery...is it safe for me to flash Philz version WHILE I have the original Clockworkmod in there? Or if I need to uninstall that first, can you explain a little on how I should? Thanks again!
10th April 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #5  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,952

3,776 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcabob

Thanks a lot! That was a perfect answer! So I'm gonna definitely try that new recovery...is it safe for me to flash Philz version WHILE I have the original Clockworkmod in there? Or if I need to uninstall that first, can you explain a little on how I should? Thanks again!

You would just download Philz latest " JFLTE" recovery and flash that like any other zip right from the CWM you have now and you're good!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dux, gogolie, kernel, loki, safestrap
Previous Thread Next Thread