Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 41,584 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Oh AT&T... how I loathe you!

Tip us?
 
SolarTrans
Old
#51  
SolarTrans's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 174
Posts: 847
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post
Are you sure the Unlocked G900M doesnt support AT&T LTE? I was looking this over Galaxy S5 Specs while comparing this...here. Am i missing something?

From what I've heard, the T-Mobile variant supports all of AT&T's bands, but signal strength isn't as good as on the AT&T model.
The signal strength claim was based off of the T-Mobile S4 and it's compatibility with AT&T bands but poor reception on them.
So no concrete tests on signal strength for the T-Mo, just speculation based off of a previous pattern.


Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
iPhone 2G-5 (AT&T)
HTC One M7 (64GB, Developer Edition)
Galaxy S4 (16GB, AT&T)
Galaxy S4 (16GB, Google Play Edition)
iPad mini with Retina Display (128GB, AT&T LTE)
iPhone 5s (64GB, AT&T)
HTC One M8 (32GB, Google Play Edition)
OnePlus One (64GB)
 
serialtoon
Old
#52  
serialtoon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 843
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTrans View Post
From what I've heard, the T-Mobile variant supports all of AT&T's bands, but signal strength isn't as good as on the AT&T model.
The signal strength claim was based off of the T-Mobile S4 and it's compatibility with AT&T bands but poor reception on them.
So no concrete tests on signal strength for the T-Mo, just speculation based off of a previous pattern.


Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
I actually am a bit of a...phone whore and own the AT&T Galaxy S4 and the GPE Galaxy S4. I also have the Tmobile Note 3 unlocked for AT&T LTE use and all of them work as expected. I cant tell a difference at all when it comes to signal strength. ?

If i helped in any capacity, hit that THANKS button
 
MattMJB0188
Old
#53  
MattMJB0188's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Posts: 1,199
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post
Are you sure the Unlocked G900M doesnt support AT&T LTE? I was looking this over Galaxy S5 Specs while comparing this...here. Am i missing something?
Nope. Only models that support AT&T LTE are the AT&T model (obviously) and the T-Mobile one.
 
MattMJB0188
Old
#54  
MattMJB0188's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Posts: 1,199
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post
I actually am a bit of a...phone whore and own the AT&T Galaxy S4 and the GPE Galaxy S4. I also have the Tmobile Note 3 unlocked for AT&T LTE use and all of them work as expected. I cant tell a difference at all when it comes to signal strength. ?
Some people couldn't. I also used the TMO Note 3 on AT&T. LTE signal was awful, HSPA signal was fine. In areas with weak signal, my N900T would often connect to H+. Definitely an issue.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes