[Q] Few Moto G cyanogenmod questions
Firstly I'm new to Android. I had an old Samsung Galaxy Ace (2.2) which was a piece of stink a few years ago. I moved over to Windows Phone for a bit buy I just killed my Lumia 820. So couple of days ago I grabbed a retail SIM-free 16 Gig Moto G from Amazon in the UK.
Inevitably this is stuffed full of Moto and Google crapware I'd like to get rid of so I'll probably unlock it, root it and install CM11 on it. I have very few app requirements - mainly an IMAP client, firefox, mp3 player, SSH terminal, calculator and offline OSM app. I don't want to sign into any accounts other than what I control (no google!) and will be deploying APKs directly. Few questions first:
1. Is there a known list of issues/bugs/problems with CM11 against this device? Can't find anything anywhere.
2. If I do this, can I get the existing moto firmware and bootloader back and lock it. If I have to do a warranty return due to a hardware problem I want to be able to return it despite the big scary warnings all over the Moto site
3. Is there a possibility I can brick the device or destroy the lowest level firmware/bootstrap. If so is there a recovery option for this. I don't want a paperweight?
4. Does USB OTG still work after CM11 update?
5. CM11 asks you to sign in looking at a couple of videos on startup. Do I need to do this?
6. Default CM11 after install - does it have a media player/music player or do I have to go find one?
7. Any gotchas I need to know about?
I've got a number of years experience with embedded ARM systems and known Linux inside out (including kernel) and write software for a living so this isn't something I'm going into blind so please don't hit me with the n00b stick.