Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 51,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Left Angle USB charger?

Tip us?

Ph33zy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Default Left Angle USB charger?

Has anyone found a left angle USB cable that doesn't block the headphone jack? I've bought a few right and left angle cables on eBay and Amazon and they all seem to right angle ones. The pictures are so small that I can't make out the true orientation of the cable.

raichur0xx0rz
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Out of curiosity, which headphones are you using with such a large plug? Are you using an adapter with your headphones?

cquinn
Old
Thanks Meter 42
You can get them here:

http://www.startech.com/Cables/USB-2...-B~UUSBHAUB1LA

random1204
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquinn View Post
Based on the orientation of this cable (in the picture), it would definitely block the headphone port, as OP didn't want. Just a heads up.
Nokia 3220, Motorola V360, Motorola Razr v3i, LG Trax, Nokia E71x, Samsung Captivate, Palm Pixi, HTC Evo 3D, iPhone 4S, Captivate #2, HTC One X, HTC Titan II, Samsung Galaxy S3, Palm Pixi Plus, iPhone 5, Nexus 4 16GB, Moto X GSM Developer Edition, Nexus 5 32GB, HTC One m8

Galaxy Tab 10.1, Transformer TF101, iPad 3, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 32GB, iPad 3, Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB

raichur0xx0rz
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
But keep in mind that based on the orientation of the plug, for the M8 you will want the right angled cable instead of left. The narrow interface is on the bottom on the M8.

Just need to go to Related Items and pick the Right one instead. No biggie.

cquinn
Old
Thanks Meter 42
The request was for a left angle so that's what I posted a link for but they sell right angle also

http://www.startech.com/Cables/USB-2...le~UUSBHAUB3RA

raichur0xx0rz
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
The request was for a left angle so that's what I posted a link for but they sell right angle also

http://www.startech.com/Cables/USB-2...le~UUSBHAUB3RA
Yeah, I'm just letting the OP know that not only does he need to worry about the direction of the cable itself, but also the orientation of the actual plug. Not saying that you are wrong, just a heads up for the OP, and anyone else who may be interested.