FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

Unlocked Boot loader AT&T = Dev Edition M8?

2,197 posts
Thanks Meter: 426
 
By ceo.mtcl, Senior Member on 5th April 2014, 04:22 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th April 2014, 07:40 AM |#11  
ceo.mtcl's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Paul, MN
Thanks Meter: 426
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapdaddy

Its worth it to note that there is an S-OFF tool now.

Yep already s_offed it. Not sure how helpful it is for me atm but why not.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
 
 
8th April 2014, 01:09 PM |#12  
charlieb620's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,032
 
More
When you unlock your bootloader you void your warranty. We can do whatever we want to our devices and still be covered under HTC Manufacturer Warranty. You Bork your phone you have to find a way to fix it.

Tethering works out the box without being detected as well.

I always find a unbranded version a advantage over a carrier version.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

S off your device and than supercid. When all the RUU are released you can flash any of them. Right now we have a GPE conversion. Besides that we can flash any rom we want. Be careful and always remember to read if it is compatible with your model.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
8th April 2014, 02:38 PM |#13  
ceo.mtcl's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Paul, MN
Thanks Meter: 426
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620

When you unlock your bootloader you void your warranty. We can do whatever we want to our devices and still be covered under HTC Manufacturer Warranty. You Bork your phone you have to find a way to fix it.

Tethering works out the box without being detected as well.

I always find a unbranded version a advantage over a carrier version.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

S off your device and than supercid. When all the RUU are released you can flash any of them. Right now we have a GPE conversion. Besides that we can flash any rom we want. Be careful and always remember to read if it is compatible with your model.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My credit card covers my phone warranty for two years as long as I purchased the phone via it. So I'm covered. If something happens, all I gotta do is take a brick and bash my phone with it, my credit card will cover hardware damages as well. Lol.

There are ways around everything, you just need to know it. Either way, I've never been scared to lose crappy warranties just because I felt the need to unlock the phone lol.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
8th April 2014, 02:38 PM |#14  
charlieb620's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,032
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo.mtcl

My credit card covers my phone warranty for two years as long as I purchased the phone via it. So I'm covered. If something happens, all I gotta do is take a brick and bash my phone with it, my credit card will cover hardware damages as well. Lol.

There are ways around everything, you just need to know it. Either way, I've never been scared to lose crappy warranties.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

So fraud is better huh? Lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
8th April 2014, 02:54 PM |#15  
ceo.mtcl's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Paul, MN
Thanks Meter: 426
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620

So fraud is better huh? Lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Nope, but jealousy of ignorant people is priceless lol.

I think the biggest fraud is from HTC to void warranty on unlocking bootloader. I'm just having myself covered with my resources.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
11th April 2014, 02:57 AM |#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 875
 
More
Unlocking boot loader MAY void your warranty. In the USA and Europe it will not(unless they can prove 100% that you caused the issue) due to consumer protection laws. Varies by country.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes