Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unlocked Boot loader AT&T = Dev Edition M8?

OP ceo.mtcl

8th April 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Paul, MN
Thanks Meter: 412

2,141 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapdaddy

Its worth it to note that there is an S-OFF tool now.

Yep already s_offed it. Not sure how helpful it is for me atm but why not.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
8th April 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #12  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,981

13,382 posts
More
When you unlock your bootloader you void your warranty. We can do whatever we want to our devices and still be covered under HTC Manufacturer Warranty. You Bork your phone you have to find a way to fix it.

Tethering works out the box without being detected as well.

I always find a unbranded version a advantage over a carrier version.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

S off your device and than supercid. When all the RUU are released you can flash any of them. Right now we have a GPE conversion. Besides that we can flash any rom we want. Be careful and always remember to read if it is compatible with your model.

8th April 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Paul, MN

2,141 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620

When you unlock your bootloader you void your warranty. We can do whatever we want to our devices and still be covered under HTC Manufacturer Warranty. You Bork your phone you have to find a way to fix it.

Tethering works out the box without being detected as well.

I always find a unbranded version a advantage over a carrier version.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

S off your device and than supercid. When all the RUU are released you can flash any of them. Right now we have a GPE conversion. Besides that we can flash any rom we want. Be careful and always remember to read if it is compatible with your model.

My credit card covers my phone warranty for two years as long as I purchased the phone via it. So I'm covered. If something happens, all I gotta do is take a brick and bash my phone with it, my credit card will cover hardware damages as well. Lol.

There are ways around everything, you just need to know it. Either way, I've never been scared to lose crappy warranties just because I felt the need to unlock the phone lol.

8th April 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #14  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,981

13,382 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo.mtcl

My credit card covers my phone warranty for two years as long as I purchased the phone via it. So I'm covered. If something happens, all I gotta do is take a brick and bash my phone with it, my credit card will cover hardware damages as well. Lol.

There are ways around everything, you just need to know it. Either way, I've never been scared to lose crappy warranties.

So fraud is better huh? Lol

8th April 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Paul, MN

2,141 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620

So fraud is better huh? Lol

Nope, but jealousy of ignorant people is priceless lol.

I think the biggest fraud is from HTC to void warranty on unlocking bootloader. I'm just having myself covered with my resources.

11th April 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 774

2,297 posts
Unlocking boot loader MAY void your warranty. In the USA and Europe it will not(unless they can prove 100% that you caused the issue) due to consumer protection laws. Varies by country.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread