XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-MOBILE Samsung Galaxy Note 3 BAD IMEI

Tip us?

xile6
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancesng View Post
Yes, it happens all the time. Salvage titles get new Vin numbers after they are repaired, inspected and registered with the state.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
that is no where near the same.

IF you have a phone with a bad imei then you can send it out to get repair. They will asign a new number to it.

IF you change it yourself then your just going to end up coping someone elses.

Meaning if your number is lets say 3060 (small number just for testting,)
And you change it to 4556.
Then that means that you have copy the number of another member on here. So the system will show both of you connected but with different sims. Not a good thing.

A few people have change there numbers to a old none workign sell phone that they have. But thats still like swapping your licenses plate to a old broke down car of yours. Its just not in legal manner.
if im wrong tell me. I'd ratter be correct then live life being mislead.
Phone: HTC One m7 Tmobile root stock

Other Phone(s): T-mobile G1 < Htc Vision G2 < LG-P999 G2x < T989 S2 , HTC One m7 < Soon Note 3

stash9123
Old
Thanks Meter 37
i have a question. i have a tmo note 3 with a bad imei due to non payment on the account. a friend of mine wants to buy it and unlock it so he can use it on att. but i wont let him just yet as i dont want my friend mad at me if it dont work out for him. so has anybody else been able to use a blocked imei with att. i have heard some say it can some say no. has any one here had personall experience?

lancesng
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
that is no where near the same.

IF you have a phone with a bad imei then you can send it out to get repair. They will asign a new number to it.

IF you change it yourself then your just going to end up coping someone elses.

Meaning if your number is lets say 3060 (small number just for testting,)
And you change it to 4556.
Then that means that you have copy the number of another member on here. So the system will show both of you connected but with different sims. Not a good thing.

A few people have change there numbers to a old none workign sell phone that they have. But thats still like swapping your licenses plate to a old broke down car of yours. Its just not in legal manner.
Well if you buy a replacement motherboard, you could change the imei and not use anyone's numbers, and it's new. I'm not saying to do anything illegal to accomplish your goal. I'm saying, it's legal cause you actually own it and are allowed to change it.

xda23
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancesng View Post
Well if you buy a replacement motherboard, you could change the imei and not use anyone's numbers, and it's new. I'm not saying to do anything illegal to accomplish your goal. I'm saying, it's legal cause you actually own it and are allowed to change it.

I have a tmobile note 3 with the same problem. How much does a replacement motherboard cost? And is it hard to do. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app