Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NuSense SIX Bluetooth issue (I know, I know...)

Tip us?

stewie3128
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question NuSense SIX Bluetooth issue (I know, I know...)

Loving this ROM, but the only thing preventing my phone from reaching the Platonic Ideal of a smartphone for me is the fact that Bluetooth will not work properly with my 2010 Prius. I drive a very long way to work, and rely on streaming radio.

When I pair the phone with my radio as usual, it shows that the phone audio is connected, but the media side won't connect (both would always connect prior to this latest release). The phone and car are lying to me, though, because neither phone nor media audio actually will play through the car. The car doesn't even know when I'm on a phone call.

I've followed the NuSense SIX thread from the beginning, and right now I don't know what the state of Bluetooth is:

-I understand tha BT is a fickle thing, and works with some devices but not others... but NuSense (and Viper) have always played nice with my car's BT until now

-There was a BT patch in 4.0 that I applied, and that worked. Should I apply that again for the new version of the rom? Has that patch been rolled into this release?

-Some have said that switching kernels helps. Should I do that?

Yes, I did a full wipe (everything except internal storage) through TWRP 2.7.0.1

Please help!

RolloWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 2,134

DONATE TO ME
I know with certain devices this happens to me also.

Tap on the settings button next to the device in the Bluetooth menu. When you are in your car, unchecked the box "use for media audio", wait a sec, and recheck it. It should reconnect.
S-Off thanks to Beaups and Sonic2756!

If I helped in any way, please hit the "Thanks" button!

Click here to check out my development page.