Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

NuSense SIX Bluetooth issue (I know, I know...)

OP stewie3128

11th April 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Loving this ROM, but the only thing preventing my phone from reaching the Platonic Ideal of a smartphone for me is the fact that Bluetooth will not work properly with my 2010 Prius. I drive a very long way to work, and rely on streaming radio.

When I pair the phone with my radio as usual, it shows that the phone audio is connected, but the media side won't connect (both would always connect prior to this latest release). The phone and car are lying to me, though, because neither phone nor media audio actually will play through the car. The car doesn't even know when I'm on a phone call.

I've followed the NuSense SIX thread from the beginning, and right now I don't know what the state of Bluetooth is:

-I understand tha BT is a fickle thing, and works with some devices but not others... but NuSense (and Viper) have always played nice with my car's BT until now

-There was a BT patch in 4.0 that I applied, and that worked. Should I apply that again for the new version of the rom? Has that patch been rolled into this release?

-Some have said that switching kernels helps. Should I do that?

Yes, I did a full wipe (everything except internal storage) through TWRP 2.7.0.1

Please help!
11th April 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,169

5,073 posts
Donate to Me
More
I know with certain devices this happens to me also.

Tap on the settings button next to the device in the Bluetooth menu. When you are in your car, unchecked the box "use for media audio", wait a sec, and recheck it. It should reconnect.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread