No registration required

[Q] HELP! Stuck in TWRP boot loop!

OP PirateP3t3

10th April 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Howdy Everyone,

So just tried rooting my new m8 and now I'm stuck endlessly booting into TWRP. I thought I did everything correctly: Unlocked the bootloader, installed the USB drivers, installed the ADB fastboot drivers and then flashed twrp 2.7.0.3. I get to the the htc logo screen/warning and, bam, back to twrp everytime.

Does anyone know how to fix this??? The last time i was rooting and installing custom mods was back in samsung galaxy s2 days, so my knowledge is a little dated. Please help!!
11th April 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 214

594 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateP3t3

Howdy Everyone,

So just tried rooting my new m8 and now I'm stuck endlessly booting into TWRP. I thought I did everything correctly: Unlocked the bootloader, installed the USB drivers, installed the ADB fastboot drivers and then flashed twrp 2.7.0.3. I get to the the htc logo screen/warning and, bam, back to twrp everytime.

Does anyone know how to fix this??? The last time i was rooting and installing custom mods was back in samsung galaxy s2 days, so my knowledge is a little dated. Please help!!

Did you boot system after unlocking boot loader? or did you flash twrp right away. also 2.7.0.4 is out. Did you use the UL_CA twrp and not the WHL? Need more info, has it booted since you installed twrp?
11th April 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther

Did you boot system after unlocking boot loader? or did you flash twrp right away. also 2.7.0.4 is out. Did you use the UL_CA twrp and not the WHL? Need more info, has it booted since you installed twrp?

Yes, I remember booting back into the phone after unlocking the boot loader. I made some calls, sent some texts, then flashed twrp.

I used the UL-CA version after following these instructions. androidcentral.us/2014/04/root-att-htc-one-m8/ (ugh, won't let me link)
I'm not sure what the difference between that and the WHL is.

Also, not sure what you mean by "has it booted since you installed twrp", I've tried rebooting it numerous times, but it just goes back into twrp.

Thanks!!
11th April 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:

Yes, I remember booting back into the phone after unlocking the boot loader. I made some calls, sent some texts, then flashed twrp.

I used the UL-CA version after following these instructions. androidcentral.us/2014/04/root-att-htc-one-m8/ (ugh, won't let me link)
I'm not sure what the difference between that and the WHL is.

Also, not sure what you mean by "has it booted since you installed twrp", I've tried rebooting it numerous times, but it just goes back into twrp.

Thanks!!

Well i'm not actually sure what happened there but I ended up just flashing a custom rom. I was really trying to stick with stock for now but whatever. Anyways, thanks for the reply and I have much to learn
11th April 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 214

594 posts
Quote:

Well i'm not actually sure what happened there but I ended up just flashing a custom rom. I was really trying to stick with stock for now but whatever. Anyways, thanks for the reply and I have much to learn

The stock nandroid for twrp is available to download. Stock is super bloated anyway. Make sure you get newer version of twrp.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Whl is for Sprint.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread