Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,834 Members 46,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Check battery cover

Tip us?
 
km8j
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 470
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default Check battery cover

Does That prompt appear on every boot or only when a sensor detects an issue?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
Devilicus
Old
#2  
Devilicus's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 92
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
I've been wondering that as well. Because I'd swear mine was snapped on correctly and it still flashed that warning. It does it for the charging port cover too but only when its actually open.

Sent From My Galaxy S5
Current Device(s): Google Nexus 5 and Motorola Moto X


Past Devices: HTC Hero, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Evo 3D, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy S III, HTC One, Nexus 4
 
CitrixLemon
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 138
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by km8j View Post
Does That prompt appear on every boot or only when a sensor detects an issue?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I think it's on boot and every time you unplug a USB cable from what I can tell. Waiting to find a way to disable that notification and the dumb volume warning that was also on the previous Galaxy phones. I wish Samsung gave you a way to disable them, but maybe they're worried someone is going to leave it open, dunk it in a glass of water then start complaining about how it wasn't really as waterproof as promised...
 
dynospectrum
Old
#4  
dynospectrum's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 346
Posts: 719
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Every boot ;]

Sent from my SM-G900T
 
tp2215
Old
#5  
tp2215's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2573
Posts: 1,567
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orlando

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrixLemon View Post
I think it's on boot and every time you unplug a USB cable from what I can tell. Waiting to find a way to disable that notification and the dumb volume warning that was also on the previous Galaxy phones. I wish Samsung gave you a way to disable them, but maybe they're worried someone is going to leave it open, dunk it in a glass of water then start complaining about how it wasn't really as waterproof as promised...
If your rooted install xposed and the wanam mod and you can get rid of the volume warning among many other things that work.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to tp2215 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CitrixLemon
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 138
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
If your rooted install xposed and the wanam mod and you can get rid of the volume warning among many other things that work.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Ok cool, I wasn't sure if Wanam was working with the GS5 yet. I'm on the fence about holding out for a root that doesn't trip Knox, but I might just go for it.
 
tp2215
Old
#7  
tp2215's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2573
Posts: 1,567
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orlando

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrixLemon View Post
Ok cool, I wasn't sure if Wanam was working with the GS5 yet. I'm on the fence about holding out for a root that doesn't trip Knox, but I might just go for it.
IMO knox really doesnt seem to matter in America. The only real reason for knox is that the international version has to be sent directly to Samsung for any warenty, repair etc. That is more or less Samsung's way of telling if its been tampered with. We would have to go to T-mobile for repair or warrenty. T-mobile doesnt really seem to care about knox as they only check for actual physical damage like water damage. Actually, if your on the Jump program they will now (with certain restrictions) replace your device even if its your own fault.
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread
 
aooga
Old
#8  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 826
Posts: 2,848
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
....damage. Actually, if your on the Jump program they will now (with certain restrictions) replace your device even if its your own fault.
Really? For free?
 
tp2215
Old
#9  
tp2215's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2573
Posts: 1,567
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orlando

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
Really? For free?
I think that you have to pay the deductable or something but it does cover a certain amount if the damage was intentional. Read the small print of the contract.
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread
 
aooga
Old
#10  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 826
Posts: 2,848
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
I think that you have to pay the deductable or something but it does cover a certain amount if the damage was intentional. Read the small print of the contract.
Ah okay. I knew that. They will cover anything if you pay the deductible. Even if you lose it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thread Tools
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more