Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

How do I root Verizon g2 already on the 12b update? And can I unlock boot loader?

OP reinaldistic

25th January 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 179
 
980 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
I got my g2 with 12b already on it, how do I root it? The root thread I saw only mentions 11a or whatever the previous update is, I'm also worried know if i can unlock the bootllader or not

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
25th January 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #2  
scram99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
148 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
You can root 12b with ioroot19. Bootloader is locked so use freegee to install twrp recovery.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
25th January 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
245 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by scram99

You can root 12b with ioroot19. Bootloader is locked so use freegee to install twrp recovery.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app


Ioroot and freegee. .just rooted mine with this method
7th April 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 32
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
http://downloads.codefi.re/thecubed/...t/ioroot10.zip .....extract and run the root.bat and follow the demands !!!!!!!!
8th April 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #5  
Member
Jersey Shore
Thanks Meter: 22
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldistic

I got my g2 with 12b already on it, how do I root it? The root thread I saw only mentions 11a or whatever the previous update is, I'm also worried know if i can unlock the bootllader or not

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app


The newest version of ioroot is ioroot25, which will root all versions including 24A http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...34539103321731. Once rooted, download the TWRP 2.6.3.3 from JRJ442's link https://www.dropbox.com/s/meddqewk6muv8p5/twrp.img, also download his TWRP 2.7 https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnj9i1lsg8...P2.7-VS980.zip and put both on your sdcard. Then install flashify and use that to flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 ( Just make sure you choose recovery when you start flashify and select the twrp.img from your internal storage. Once you reboot into TWRP 2.6.3.3 you can install the TWRP 2.7 zip (you previously downloaded) via the install in TWRP. These are the exact steps I followed and it was seemless. I can also sucessfully create backups via TWRP 7 without issue (seems to be a problem with some versions).
Last edited by Ronbo19; 8th April 2014 at 04:10 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ronbo19 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 32
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbo19

The newest version of ioroot is ioroot25, which will root all versions including 24A http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...34539103321731. Once rooted, download the TWRP 2.6.3.3 from JRJ442's link https://www.dropbox.com/s/meddqewk6muv8p5/twrp.img, also download his TWRP 2.7 https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnj9i1lsg8...P2.7-VS980.zip and put both on your sdcard. Then install flashify and use that to flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 ( Just make sure you choose recovery when you start flashify and select the twrp.img from your internal storage. Once you reboot into TWRP 2.6.3.3 you can install the TWRP 2.7 zip (you previously downloaded) via the install in TWRP. These are the exact steps I followed and it was seemless. I can also sucessfully create backups via TWRP 7 without issue (seems to be a problem with some versions).

That's why I use cwm. Never had those issues

Sent from my LG G2 vs-980(Running Liquid smooth perfectly via tapatalk

my thread for the VZW LG G2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2709496
8th April 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 179
 
980 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoE MuRk

That's why I use cwm. Never had those issues

Sent from my LG G2 vs-980(Running Liquid smooth perfectly via tapatalk

my thread for the VZW LG G2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2709496







Quote:
Originally Posted by MoE MuRk

http://downloads.codefi.re/thecubed/...t/ioroot10.zip .....extract and run the root.bat and follow the demands !!!!!!!!







Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbo19

The newest version of ioroot is ioroot25, which will root all versions including 24A http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...34539103321731. Once rooted, download the TWRP 2.6.3.3 from JRJ442's link https://www.dropbox.com/s/meddqewk6muv8p5/twrp.img, also download his TWRP 2.7 https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnj9i1lsg8...P2.7-VS980.zip and put both on your sdcard. Then install flashify and use that to flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 ( Just make sure you choose recovery when you start flashify and select the twrp.img from your internal storage. Once you reboot into TWRP 2.6.3.3 you can install the TWRP 2.7 zip (you previously downloaded) via the install in TWRP. These are the exact steps I followed and it was seemless. I can also sucessfully create backups via TWRP 7 without issue (seems to be a problem with some versions).

why are people answering such an old question? I've had it rooted, modded, and have installed cyanogenmod plenty of times since this question was posted back in january

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
9th April 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Because once the KitKat OTA goes live by VZ (could happen, right?), there would be no way to get on the 12B bootstack (no TOT or KDZ). Right now it seems that most of the devs work with the OTA leak will involve the 12B bootstack. You can always go back to 10b or 11a through the tot method. You might not be able to go back if you take an official VZ KitKat update (could happen right??)

Idk maybe I'm wrong. Just my FUD.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
Last edited by funkybrunk; 9th April 2014 at 05:12 AM.
9th April 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #9  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 32
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
You could very possibly be right

Sent from my LG G2 vs-980(Running Liquid smooth perfectly via tapatalk
11th April 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Green Bay
Thanks Meter: 47
 
247 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbo19

The newest version of ioroot is ioroot25, which will root all versions including 24A http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...34539103321731. Once rooted, download the TWRP 2.6.3.3 from JRJ442's link https://www.dropbox.com/s/meddqewk6muv8p5/twrp.img, also download his TWRP 2.7 https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnj9i1lsg8...P2.7-VS980.zip and put both on your sdcard. Then install flashify and use that to flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 ( Just make sure you choose recovery when you start flashify and select the twrp.img from your internal storage. Once you reboot into TWRP 2.6.3.3 you can install the TWRP 2.7 zip (you previously downloaded) via the install in TWRP. These are the exact steps I followed and it was seemless. I can also sucessfully create backups via TWRP 7 without issue (seems to be a problem with some versions).

+1 Worked exactly as described.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes