Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 46,097 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

xperia z1 ,how can i delete file on my phone?

Tip us?
 
miladsector
Old
(Last edited by miladsector; 8th April 2014 at 05:05 AM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default xperia z1 ,how can i delete file on my phone?

hi
whenever i want to delete something in any software i have seen this message and the file cant be deleted.
i cant even use softwares like zapya or software data cable that both use "Tethering or Hotspot" for transferring data.
anybody knows how to solve this?
 
ruinkhan
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 146
Posts: 335
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Same problem here, but I'm able to remove any file with Root Explorer. Try it, it might work for you.
Hit Thanks if my post was useful (most of them are not )
Noob's Paradise - I know you have a question, this should answer it
 
QualQuek
Old
#3  
QualQuek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 377
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinkhan View Post
Same problem here, but I'm able to remove any file with Root Explorer. Try it, it might work for you.
You need to be root for having writing permissions on the erternal SDCard.
But that's how it supposed to work with Android 4.4.2, google removed this permission...
French Android Games Tester Youtube Channel
Sony Xperia Z1 - C6903 - KK 4.4.4 Stock - Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Stock ROM
 
miladsector
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by QualQuek View Post
You need to be root for having writing permissions on the erternal SDCard.
But that's how it supposed to work with Android 4.4.2, google removed this permission...
this is so silly that we cant manage our sd card.why did they do this?

actually what can we do with our sd card in this rom?????
 
augie7107
Old
#5  
augie7107's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 159
Posts: 1,443
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boston
Unmount and then use a card reader on PC? Not sure if you're trying to delete from a inaccessible partition.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
ckchan08
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Use file commander

Use the stock app file commander. starting from kitkat, any 3rd party file explorer/manager will not have permission to write on sdcard. only stock system app like the file commander have write access to sdcard
 
QualQuek
Old
#7  
QualQuek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 377
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckchan08 View Post
Use the stock app file commander. starting from kitkat, any 3rd party file explorer/manager will not have permission to write on sdcard. only stock system app like the file commander have write access to sdcard
Right, also you can just connect your phone in USB in MSC (mass storage) mode and remove yourself what you don't want anymore, it's what i actually do.
French Android Games Tester Youtube Channel
Sony Xperia Z1 - C6903 - KK 4.4.4 Stock - Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Stock ROM
 
miladsector
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by QualQuek View Post
Right, also you can just connect your phone in USB in MSC (mass storage) mode and remove yourself what you don't want anymore, it's what i actually do.
thanks for helping me.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes