Wifi broken.

6th April 2014, 09:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

17 posts
Ok. My wifi is rebooting the HDX whenever I turn it on. Be it the stock rom or the Rom Slot 1 with the almost AOSP rom.

I was reading using an app in the AOSP rom. I turned the wifi off. And started reading. I turned the kindle off couple hours later.
Now wifi won't come on and is causing a reboot on either Stock or Rom Slot 1.

What's the procedure. I'm trying to be very careful as to what I do. I have clean backups of my stock rom as soon as I got it out the box and rom slot one as soon as I installed it. Just in case tha thelps.

Any assistance is welcomed.

6 Minutes later....
I went into stock rom and turn off airplane mode and it automatically connected to wifi.
I re enabled airplane mode just in case/ (Fear of update)

I went back into rom slot 1. And tried to turn on wifi it rebooted.
I went back into rom slot 1 and turn on and off airplane mode. and turned on and off bluetooth(mistake as it's right under wifi) then I turned on wifi. And it worked...:/ idk....

An another note...Since I don't have enough posts to post in the AOSP thread, Can anyone direct me to a working version of the Amazon App Store that installs on the AOSP rom with the amazon Services removed? Or is that not possible.

5 minutes later..
Sorry again. I just need to take my time...I loaded an old Amazon APK and it works nicely. Just in case anyone else needed help.
Last edited by Reckerr; 6th April 2014 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Update
7th April 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kingwood
Thanks Meter: 40

465 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckerr

Ok. My wifi is rebooting the HDX whenever I turn it on. Be it the stock rom or the Rom Slot 1 with the almost AOSP rom.

I was reading using an app in the AOSP rom. I turned the wifi off. And started reading. I turned the kindle off couple hours later.

What's the procedure. I'm trying to be very careful as to what I do. I have clean backups of my stock rom as soon as I got it out the box and rom slot one as soon as I installed it. Just in case tha thelps.

6 Minutes later....
I went into stock rom and turn off airplane mode and it automatically connected to wifi.

I went back into rom slot 1 and turn on and off airplane mode. and turned on and off bluetooth(mistake as it's right under wifi) then I turned on wifi. And it worked...:/ idk....

An another note...Since I don't have enough posts to post in the AOSP thread, Can anyone direct me to a working version of the Amazon App Store that installs on the AOSP rom with the amazon Services removed? Or is that not possible.

5 minutes later..
Sorry again. I just need to take my time...I loaded an old Amazon APK and it works nicely. Just in case anyone else needed help.

I ran into the wifi reboots myself.
the wireless status has to match between the stock rom and the rom slot or it causes reboots.
you pretty much have to get it enabled in the stock slot and then enable it in the rom slot.
sometimes this takes some bouncing back and forth and unexpected reboots.
11th April 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #3  
New England
Thanks Meter: 7

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckerr

6 Minutes later....

5 minutes later..

Since last Amazon update my wifi stops working. Icon showed connection with X through it. Constantly have to turn and off .... was normal before update seven days ago..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread