[Q] Wireless Charging on S5?

8th April 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 3

97 posts
More
Just a simple question, If I will use something like this with Galaxy S5, will it cause any kind of problems? Like overheating, damaging the battery or internal parts or anything like that or will the back cover fit properly after adding such kind of receiver?

I do have seen Samsung Back covers for wireless charging but I guess third party cases won't fit due to addition of bulk to it.

Thanks in advance.
8th April 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 25

166 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ila420

Just a simple question, If I will use something like this with Galaxy S5, will it cause any kind of problems? Like overheating, damaging the battery or internal parts or anything like that or will the back cover fit properly after adding such kind of receiver?

I do have seen Samsung Back covers for wireless charging but I guess third party cases won't fit due to addition of bulk to it.

Thanks in advance.

I think, since this is made for S5, basically, it will work good at it. Or, for you just to make sure, read reviews about the product. For your own satisfaction.
9th April 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 9

20 posts
Will S4 Qi adapter fit an S5?
My question is, will a S4 Qi adapter fit an S5? I've been looking at the stock Samsung S4 and S5 backplates, and the location and number of metal contacts are different. However, lots of these third-party purported S5 adapters have the same contacts as the S4.

I'm also worried that adding the adapter may mess with the water resistance. What do you guys think? I'm just impatient and don't feel like waiting for the backordered Samsung backplate (and I just bought a spigen case that may not fit).

Samsung Galaxy S4 backplate -- http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EP-CI950IBUSTA

Samsung Galaxy S5 backplate -- http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EP-CG900IBUSTA

Thank you so much for your time. --Adam

On a side note, I've found probably one of the coolest Qi charging stations I've seen. I'm buying it on Amazon as we speak.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CY4SG10/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AOHIKKIFQW 3GG
Last edited by fsustrength; 9th April 2014 at 02:48 AM.
9th April 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsustrength

I'm also worried that adding the adapter may mess with the water resistance. What do you guys think? I'm just impatient and don't feel like waiting for the backordered Samsung backplate (and I just bought a spigen case that may not fit).

That's something I've been worried about, as well. I'm using one of those adapters on my S4, but I think I will just get the official charging cover for the S5. One of the main reasons I'm getting the phone is for water resistance, so I don't want to find water leaking in around the camera because of the added bulk.
11th April 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #5  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 120

525 posts
More
pls delete my post.
Last edited by Markuzy; 11th April 2014 at 05:27 AM. Reason: irrelevant
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
charging, galaxy s5, qi wireless, receiver, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread