Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom Notification Sound Not Listed

Tip us?

haitu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Custom Notification Sound Not Listed

There is a notification folder and a ringtone folder. I placed an mp3 into the notification folder. When I search for that file, it isn't present (Settings-Sounds-Notifications). If I have the same file under ringtones, I can see it under the ringtones list.

What is the problem that causes me not to be able to use my custom ringtone?

andrewnelson
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 23
You used a file explorer app to look for the files/folders on your phone, and they aren't there? How are you attempting to put the folders on your phone?

haitu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewnelson View Post
You used a file explorer app to look for the files/folders on your phone, and they aren't there? How are you attempting to put the folders on your phone?

The folders already exist by default. I used a file explorer to move the notification mp3 from DOWNLOAD to NOTIFICATION Folder. Going through options-settings-notifications list, my custom notification does not exist, however, if I moved the mp3 to RINGTONE, I will see it on the list.

Karl
Old
(Last edited by Karl; 10th April 2014 at 07:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by haitu View Post
The folders already exist by default. I used a file explorer to move the notification mp3 from DOWNLOAD to NOTIFICATION Folder. Going through options-settings-notifications list, my custom notification does not exist, however, if I moved the mp3 to RINGTONE, I will see it on the list.
is it from the sd i think its something to do with the Android 4.4 KitKat and how the SD card support has changed, i use ringo and if i dont use a browser with root access or the kk browser it will show sd not available
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-09-23-44-07.png
Views:	27
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	2678109  

haitu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
RESOLVED

Found out that sd card notifications only reads flac files.