Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 37,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock Camera App vs AOSP Camera App

Tip us?

EFEXR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default Stock Camera App vs AOSP Camera App

I was currently on an AOSP rom but had to flash back to stock rom because I needed to update the my PRL and profile. While on stock rom, I opened up the stock camera app and noticed the camera took really nice pictures and the video I recorded looked so clean and crisp.
I flashed back to Mahdi-Rom (I also noticed this on Dirty Unicorn, CM 11, Pac-Man) and saw that the AOSP camera app did not look as good as stock. When I tried video recording it looked bad.

My questions, are you guys using the AOSP camera app or another app that makes the video recording and taking pictures look better?

engine95
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFEXR View Post
I was currently on an AOSP rom but had to flash back to stock rom because I needed to update the my PRL and profile. While on stock rom, I opened up the stock camera app and noticed the camera took really nice pictures and the video I recorded looked so clean and crisp.
I flashed back to Mahdi-Rom (I also noticed this on Dirty Unicorn, CM 11, Pac-Man) and saw that the AOSP camera app did not look as good as stock. When I tried video recording it looked bad.

My questions, are you guys using the AOSP camera app or another app that makes the video recording and taking pictures look better?
Just curious. But is the stock ROM OpTimus or Stocktimus? Those 2 have a modded camera app.
But plain ol stock did pretty good to.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks to HPTesla and PartimusPrime!!! Whoohoo!!

EFEXR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
I was on optimus, havent tried stockimus yet.

Sent from my LG-gee using Tapatalk 4