Ask a question

No registration required

Stock Camera App vs AOSP Camera App

OP EFEXR

11th April 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42

280 posts
I was currently on an AOSP rom but had to flash back to stock rom because I needed to update the my PRL and profile. While on stock rom, I opened up the stock camera app and noticed the camera took really nice pictures and the video I recorded looked so clean and crisp.
I flashed back to Mahdi-Rom (I also noticed this on Dirty Unicorn, CM 11, Pac-Man) and saw that the AOSP camera app did not look as good as stock. When I tried video recording it looked bad.

My questions, are you guys using the AOSP camera app or another app that makes the video recording and taking pictures look better?
11th April 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,680

2,292 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFEXR

I was currently on an AOSP rom but had to flash back to stock rom because I needed to update the my PRL and profile. While on stock rom, I opened up the stock camera app and noticed the camera took really nice pictures and the video I recorded looked so clean and crisp.
I flashed back to Mahdi-Rom (I also noticed this on Dirty Unicorn, CM 11, Pac-Man) and saw that the AOSP camera app did not look as good as stock. When I tried video recording it looked bad.

My questions, are you guys using the AOSP camera app or another app that makes the video recording and taking pictures look better?

Just curious. But is the stock ROM OpTimus or Stocktimus? Those 2 have a modded camera app.
But plain ol stock did pretty good to.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th April 2014, 07:46 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42

280 posts
I was on optimus, havent tried stockimus yet.

Sent from my LG-gee using Tapatalk 4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread