Can't root Motorola Droid Ultra

Tip us?

droidusr2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Can't root Motorola Droid Ultra

Hey guys,

Recently I tried to root my Motorola Droid Ultra using MotoRoot and the way it works is that you download it from xda dev. and side load the apk onto your phone. You then run the setup inside the app and then the phone is rooted. I am very familiar with the rooting process but the thing is whenever I try to install moto root it says application not installed and I have checked and made sure that I can install apps from unknown sources and sure enough I can. I tried installing the apk through ADB too but it still gives me the same message it says application not installed. I have even turned off verify apps but it still doesn't work I have also enabled developer options but still not budging same message every time. What am I doing wrong??? I need help.

Helpful info: This phone was purchased in Early December 2013 so it's pretty new but what happened was when I got the handset I tried to root it but it gave me the same message then 1 day later after I bought it the phone randomly shuts off and I can't even get into the bootloader or go into recovery so it was basically dead and there was nothing I could do about it so I went back to Verizon 2 days after I bought the original handset and they replace it with another droid ultra and everything works fine but I still can't root it

LostSkullKid13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidusr2014 View Post
Hey guys,

Recently I tried to root my Motorola Droid Ultra using MotoRoot and the way it works is that you download it from xda dev. and side load the apk onto your phone. You then run the setup inside the app and then the phone is rooted. I am very familiar with the rooting process but the thing is whenever I try to install moto root it says application not installed and I have checked and made sure that I can install apps from unknown sources and sure enough I can. I tried installing the apk through ADB too but it still gives me the same message it says application not installed. I have even turned off verify apps but it still doesn't work I have also enabled developer options but still not budging same message every time. What am I doing wrong??? I need help.

Helpful info: This phone was purchased in Early December 2013 so it's pretty new but what happened was when I got the handset I tried to root it but it gave me the same message then 1 day later after I bought it the phone randomly shuts off and I can't even get into the bootloader or go into recovery so it was basically dead and there was nothing I could do about it so I went back to Verizon 2 days after I bought the original handset and they replace it with another droid ultra and everything works fine but I still can't root it
I'm having the same problem. I messaged jcase about it to see if he maybe had any answers as to how to fix these issues such as the failure to install or did not download messages. The was a quick and easy one as well that I had mentioned in the message. The response I got was useless. He told me he was **** with windows and easy guides so I should wait till someone makes a windows version of the hack so that I can download it and root... I have games and stuff that I want to hack and bloat I want to get rid of.. Now I'm being told that I need to wait on a windows version of the rooting system to be made so that I can do all this... Why hasn't anyone done this yet? Idk mang but I have the same problem as you and no one is making our lives easier. Hopefully someone else reads this and respond with something that is of help. Post here if you find any solutions and I'll do the same.

FreeRimJobz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Are you on 4.2.2? If so, the only way to root at the moment is to follow the pwnmymoto steps 100% PERFECTLY. And when you say you tried using ADB do you mean you tried to push the files(pwnmymoto.jar + su) to your sd using ADB and then use telnet and all that fun crap? This link: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2444954

Anyways, but if your phone's version is less than 4.2.2 I believe the app should install as a normal one would.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hatary
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thumbs up Rooting with RockMyMoto

I have a Droid Mini with 4.2.2 (Camera Update 12.5.5.) and rooted it with RockMyMoto (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2509590). It worked without problems.

droidusr2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Smile Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatary View Post
I have a Droid Mini with 4.2.2 (Camera Update 12.5.5.) and rooted it with RockMyMoto (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2509590). It worked without problems.
I just finished rooting it with RockMyMoto without a problem I didn't think that RockMyMoto was for the droid ultra I thought it was only for the MOTO X

shortcakestacy24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Can't Root my Ultra w either

I tried using both apps to root my droid ultra and they both are saying not installed. I'm running android 4.4 help me somebody please in rooting my phone shortcakestacy@hotmail.com hotmail.com

Caseyk621
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcakestacy24 View Post
I tried using both apps to root my droid ultra and they both are saying not installed. I'm running android 4.4 help me somebody please in rooting my phone shortcakestacy@hotmail.com hotmail.com
No root method available if you're already on 4.4. Sorry

Sent From Droid Ultra

rlmesq
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcakestacy24 View Post
I'm running android 4.4
Don't attempt to root a phone until you've read the instructions completely. Things go easier if you read the entire thread, even if it takes a while.

Of course, it's important to read the beginning of the thread... like the first post, which says you must be on 4.2.2 (the camera update).