Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Dev Unlock + Cracked Screen Warranty

Tip us?

foobarney
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone HTC Dev Unlock + Cracked Screen Warranty

Does anyone know if unlocking the M8 with the htcdev.com will void the 6-month cracked screen warranty HTC is offering?

I know the disclaimers all say that the warranty is affected by unlocking, but it's not clear as to what's included.

Thanks, all.

-Adam

uh60james
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by foobarney View Post
Does anyone know if unlocking the M8 with the htcdev.com will void the 6-month cracked screen warranty HTC is offering?

I know the disclaimers all say that the warranty is affected by unlocking, but it's not clear as to what's included.

Thanks, all.

-Adam
I would think you would be fine. HTC Advantage is a separate program than the warranty. Even if they for some reason try to put it under the umbrella of the warranty they would have to show that unlocking your bootloader caused you to drop your phone and crack the screen.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uh60james For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshuaw84
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
I would think you would be fine. HTC Advantage is a separate program than the warranty. Even if they for some reason try to put it under the umbrella of the warranty they would have to show that unlocking your bootloader caused you to drop your phone and crack the screen.
Lol, they could argue that unlocking the awesomeness of our XDA development made you so dazed it caused you to drop the phone!

While I kid, I believe any warranties implied upon the unlocking process are software related.

Sent from M8 on XDA Premium APP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshuaw84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]