Ask a question

No registration required

Windows Store Issue

OP ice_236

1st April 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Okay, not sure where to start, but my Windows Store quit working. I was doing a search in the store when it crashed. Every time I go to load it, I get a spinning circle and it just does this for an indefinite length of time.

So far, I have ran wsreset multiple times, both as administrator, and as a regular user. It still continues to be stuck loading. I also ran system file checker to see if there was any file corruption but it found no issues. Is there something simple that I am missing here?

Thanks!
4th April 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #2  
Namur
Thanks Meter: 5

40 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello !

I've got the same problem as yours, and I tried everything. Rebooting, use the MS tool to fix store problems, I even 'refreshed' the surface (RT 1st gen for me) but with the option to keep all the files and settings. No luck.
Then I created a new local dummy user account on the surface and the store was loading... But only for that user, not for me.
So I decided to backup everything in One Drive, and restore my surface from scratch... At the restore window, I chose to start without a previous backup and setup like a new device.
Now the store is loading properly. Sadly I have not found any other solution
5th April 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #3  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_236

Okay, not sure where to start, but my Windows Store quit working. I was doing a search in the store when it crashed. Every time I go to load it, I get a spinning circle and it just does this for an indefinite length of time.

So far, I have ran wsreset multiple times, both as administrator, and as a regular user. It still continues to be stuck loading. I also ran system file checker to see if there was any file corruption but it found no issues. Is there something simple that I am missing here?

Thanks!

I had this problem and fixed it by changing my Microsoft Account password.
It then forced the app to ask me for a password.
With the new password entered, the Store and Skydrive worked perfectly. (No need to refresh the device)
6th April 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanith01

I had this problem and fixed it by changing my Microsoft Account password.
It then forced the app to ask me for a password.
With the new password entered, the Store and Skydrive worked perfectly. (No need to refresh the device)

Thanks. I actually did refresh my Surface, but settings were a piece of cake to restore. And yes, the store works now. I will try this option in the future though.
11th April 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

26 posts
I had the same problem and I found a fix for it on in the microsoft knowledge base. I can't remember the details but it involved clearing the cache through the command prompt I believe.

You should just call MS support, I'm sure their tech would know exactly what to do.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread