Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable To Remove Lock Screen/PIN

Tip us?

UberSlackr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Question Unable To Remove Lock Screen/PIN

I'm not able to disable the PIN (or any security based lock screen; Password, Pin, or Pattern) and set the phone to just "Lock Screen" or even "No Lock Screen." The Face Unclock feature is also not available.

How do I remove the PIN (without a factory reset?)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (04_46PM, Apr 10, 2014).png
Views:	165
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	2679219  
HTC One m8 (In Use)
LG G2
Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Chromecast
Quote:
I called Google Device Support the other day, and asked about the possibility of Modem/Radio within the Nexus 7 3G.. and The CSR answer was "No you can not plug a Phone Cord or Ethernet cable into the device, and if you want to listen to the radio you must download a 3rd Party App or Try our Google Music service, but it's not a radio" - Couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably for 10min straight. ~UberSlackr

dneiding
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberSlackr View Post
I'm not able to disable the PIN (or any security based lock screen; Password, Pin, or Pattern) and set the phone to just "Lock Screen" or even "No Lock Screen." The Face Unclock feature is also not available.

How do I remove the PIN (without a factory reset?)
Are you connected to a corporate Exchange email account? If so, I think the Exchange admin can require the lock screen and not let you turn it off.

Pauls57
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dneiding View Post
Are you connected to a corporate Exchange email account? If so, I think the Exchange admin can require the lock screen and not let you turn it off.
+1 This happened to me on my last phone, built in policy in MS Exchange. I think if you delete the account, you can get the options back.

UberSlackr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by dneiding View Post
Only company email account used on the account is accessed through Gmail.

The "Lock Screen" was the selected option, until I tested out the PIN. But then when I went back into setting, Lock Screen and the other two were greyed out. So I can't remove the PIN now.
HTC One m8 (In Use)
LG G2
Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Chromecast
Quote:
I called Google Device Support the other day, and asked about the possibility of Modem/Radio within the Nexus 7 3G.. and The CSR answer was "No you can not plug a Phone Cord or Ethernet cable into the device, and if you want to listen to the radio you must download a 3rd Party App or Try our Google Music service, but it's not a radio" - Couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably for 10min straight. ~UberSlackr

andrewnelson
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 23
Only company email account used on the account is accessed through Gmail.