Default MTK 6589 GPS FIXED/stopped working need help - Haipai

Hi all - FINALLY got gps to work (for one day). I user root explorer to rename my old gps.conf file and uploaded one from the net for the UK. I got it working and was VERY excited after struggling for weeks.

ALot of the tuts I saw use mobileuncle tools for the engineer mode.. and I must be honest I felt like I was going in circles not quite understanding what does what and what actually finally made it work - now that it doesnt work anymore im a bit stumped as to why.

I know some of the gps apps actually reset your gps.conf to the ones that actually wont work so ive avoided those and checked my file contains the one that worked.

Some questions to help me understand -

When I turn on gps and go into mobile uncle - the GPS is off, why is this? shouldnt it be on??

Can someone (briefly) explain the what the following do and what the settings should be / when to use. IE should this always be on or put on during fixing/off after fixing etc

Mobile Uncle:
A-GPS reset w/o SI_REQ
A-GPS (on/off) -

EPO
EPO auto download

is there a 5 step process to reset the parameters/data (except for replacing the gps.conf cos mine works)..

like for example:

overwrite gpd.conf with correct location
Open mobile uncle -
enable gps
Epo / download
set gps data / reboot

thanks!