Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 39,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Windows 8.1 & S-OFF/Unlocking Bootloader

Tip us?

SpawnHyuuga
Old
(Last edited by SpawnHyuuga; 11th April 2014 at 06:54 AM.) Reason: Issue solved.
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Windows 8.1 & S-OFF/Unlocking Bootloader

Has anyone managed to successfully unlock the Bootloader or achieve S-Off on an HTC Inspire 4G with Windows 8.1? I've tried using a couple different guides, with mini-ADB and full Android SDK and seem to get hung up on the "fastboot devices" command. Let me be clear, "adb devices" works just fine. I have the HTC drivers, my AV is disabled, I've tried a couple different cables and multiple ports. I'm starting to think it might be the OS, or maybe I'm missing a crucial detail. I bought the phone used and as far as I can tell, it's fully stock. I'll add some details down below, and maybe somebody can help.

Phone: HTC Inspire 4G
Software Version: 2.47.502.7

ADB: Yes
AV Disabled: Yes
HTC Drivers: Yes

I'm not 100% knowledgeable on the modifying end of Android. I've never tried it with an HTC device or at least never been successful. I've owned and successfully rooted and flashed ROMs for a Samsung Admire and an Xperia Play though, so I think I have at least the minimal amount of knowledge required to be able to do this.

EDIT: Don't use Windows 8 for this kind of stuff. Got my phone working great with AOKP 4.4 using Windows XP.

chrisb906
Old
Thanks Meter 116
No

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

chrisb906
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Sounds like u need to download the fastboot drivers

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

Check to see if your phone has been modified. Reboot to boot loader and see if its unlocked or s-off

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Oops. Just seen your edit. Lol