Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,531 Members 50,955 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Solar Power Bank

Tip us?

Don164
Old
(Last edited by Don164; 11th April 2014 at 01:20 AM.) Reason: Typos
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Solar Power Bank

I've been scouring the internet for a charging system which will provide my phone and tablet with a power source which is well...quite cheap. My main aim has been looking into solar power as I believe it hasn't been fully taken advantage of.
I was wondering is their a device in the market (or currently in development) that is essentially a solar charger but instead using it when required (i.e. no point using it when you come home at the end of the day if its dark),it is hooked to an external battery (i.e. power bank) which holds this reservoir of power and it can be used at will whenever.
I personally think this is a good set up as the power bank can be charged at will, even if your not at home, depending on the size, it can last you ages and also depending on longevity of the components, it can quickly pay for itself.
I've been looking into this creating this setup myself although I have no idea if it will work although from whatever brain power I have, I believe theoretically it can work. Although will it ?!

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
I've been scouring the internet for a charging system which will provide my phone and tablet with a power source which is well...quite cheap. My main aim has been looking into solar power as I believe it hasn't been fully taken advantage of.
I was wondering is their a device in the market (or currently in development) that is essentially a solar charger but instead using it when required (i.e. no point using it when you come home at the end of the day if its dark),it is hooked to an external battery (i.e. power bank) which holds this reservoir of power and it can be used at will whenever.
I personally think this is a good set up as the power bank can be charged at will, even if your not at home, depending on the size, it can last you ages and also depending on longevity of the components, it can quickly pay for itself.
I've been looking into this creating this setup myself although I have no idea if it will work although from whatever brain power I have, I believe theoretically it can work. Although will it ?!
A lot of big online retailers have the very thing you are talking about. You can also get wind powered charges if you live somewhere windy.

Don164
Old
(Last edited by Don164; 11th April 2014 at 10:04 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmpm View Post
A lot of big online retailers have the very thing you are talking about. You can also get wind powered charges if you live somewhere windy.
Really ?! How an earth did I miss that, I was wondering if you could please provide some product names

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app