Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,930 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Omate Truesmart Bluetooth compatability?

Tip us?

SchneiderG10
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Omate Truesmart Bluetooth compatability?

While I realize this is a question, there have not been any threads online about Omate Truesmart's compatibility with smartphones.

I currently have an Iphone 4, 4S, and a 5S, and purchased an Omate Truesmart 2.0 Extreme. As advertised, it said that it would work with an iphone, but when I tried to sync it with bluetooth it says "Connection Unsuccessful - Truesmart is not supported". I have tried to connect with all iphones that I have

If I jailbreak my iphone and purchase MyWi for bluetooth tethering, would I gain compatiblility?
Is there any way to use an IPhone with a Truesmart?

If there is not anyway, would it be compatible if I purchased a Droid RAZR Maxx from my friend?

lordscipio
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchneiderG10 View Post
While I realize this is a question, there have not been any threads online about Omate Truesmart's compatibility with smartphones.

I currently have an Iphone 4, 4S, and a 5S, and purchased an Omate Truesmart 2.0 Extreme. As advertised, it said that it would work with an iphone, but when I tried to sync it with bluetooth it says "Connection Unsuccessful - Truesmart is not supported". I have tried to connect with all iphones that I have

If I jailbreak my iphone and purchase MyWi for bluetooth tethering, would I gain compatiblility?
Is there any way to use an IPhone with a Truesmart?

If there is not anyway, would it be compatible if I purchased a Droid RAZR Maxx from my friend?
All BT tethering is broken at the moment due to fualty Mediatek drivers. You can install a 3rd party app like easy tether, but it will only partially work as bt is really wonky on the TS.

Wifi tether from iphone or android works really well.

porzerwolle
Old
(Last edited by porzerwolle; 11th April 2014 at 12:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
@cyrilp

thank you so much for your excellent work.
0.93 is working fantastic and I get both, call and sms from phone to my TS.

In the other direction, from TS to phone, its also working without problems.

There is a slightdely in notifying, the notification comes 10 seconds after the first ring... normally thats to long to wait fer most caller.

In the future, will there be a kind of a logbook on the TS for calls and sms similat to what the Sony SW has? In the moment, when I swipe away the notification, there seems no copy reining on SWApps....

Guy, you made a grea tjob!!! Great advantage for the TS to use it both as standalone and additional as companion and I hope that some improvement and addons are following.