Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] stuck on boot up Verizon Galaxy S4 [ROOT]

Tip us?

TheLamerAndroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] stuck on boot up Verizon Galaxy S4 [ROOT]

hello,

i got a Samsung Galaxy S4 from verizon [SCH-I545 and mk2] i rooted my phone and put a custom recovery on it. i went to my recovery [Safestrap] and back it up, then i went to wipe and wipe my data, system, and cache. then i went to install and try to install CM11 and gapps, it fail then i hit reboot and forgot to hit restore my backup. now i see Samsung and it shows a unlock lock under it says custom. i try to go to recovery but it takes me to odin mode. and i hit volume down>home>power and till to reboot but still nothing. i plug it in my computer and i hear the sound that it reading it but i don't see it in my computer or a window or my toolbar. is their a way i can download something and delete everything on my phone and re install android 4.3 like it was brand new. Thank You!

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,549

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLamerAndroid View Post
hello,

i got a Samsung Galaxy S4 from verizon [SCH-I545 and mk2] i rooted my phone and put a custom recovery on it. i went to my recovery [Safestrap] and back it up, then i went to wipe and wipe my data, system, and cache. then i went to install and try to install CM11 and gapps, it fail then i hit reboot and forgot to hit restore my backup. now i see Samsung and it shows a unlock lock under it says custom. i try to go to recovery but it takes me to odin mode. and i hit volume down>home>power and till to reboot but still nothing. i plug it in my computer and i hear the sound that it reading it but i don't see it in my computer or a window or my toolbar. is their a way i can download something and delete everything on my phone and re install android 4.3 like it was brand new. Thank You!
Go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

Follow those instructions and you should be good

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Also go here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501
Lot of things there to help you know what you can and can't do.... Like you can't install any aosp ROMs on SafeStrap for instance lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

k1mu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,548

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLamerAndroid View Post
hello,

If you used Safestrap, then you should still have your stock ROM - just boot into Safestrap recovery and activate the stock slot.
If you used Safestrap to flash the stock slot, well, now you know why that's not recommended. Use the recovery images mistertac pointed you to, and spend some time reading before you flash again.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1