Post Reply

stuck in boot mode

10th April 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
hi guys, I am stuck in boot mode after removing cyanogen mod, I have tried installing the RUU.exe but it will not complete - I think the reason for this is that S-ON. I can't seem to find a solution to achieve S-off anywhere without having to be into the phones OS.

I have tried pushing the rom to my phone but I just keep getting 'no device found'
The usb recognises the phone but the adb commands do not work at all

any further info suggested would be massively appreciated.

edit:

got adb commands working by following this guide
(not allowed to post links yet)
Last edited by grantymc; 10th April 2014 at 08:42 PM. Reason: progression made on initial problem
10th April 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
progress so far:

I have managed to sideload a relevant ROM but it has now been saying 'installing update' for quite a while and I am not sure whether to touch it

on another note, the image verification thing on this forum is very, very annoying.
10th April 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
ok so I sideloaded a ROM and it aborted the installation, totally at a loss now
10th April 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #4  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,117
 
2,889 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantymc

ok so I sideloaded a ROM and it aborted the installation, totally at a loss now

Boot your phone in bootloader mode and type fastboot getvar all. copy/paste the output here except IMEI and SERIALNO. Also, I need to know what recovery you are using and its version and what custom rom and its version you are trying to flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2014, 09:37 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

Boot your phone in bootloader mode and type fastboot getvar all. copy/paste the output here except IMEI and SERIALNO. Also, I need to know what recovery you are using and its version and what custom rom and its version you are trying to flash.

I am using clockwork recovery, I was trying to flash a stock RUU zip - I could not find one to match my exact baseband version so I tried

"RUU Zip M7_UL_JB_50_HTC_Europe_1.20.401.1_Radio_4A.13.3227 .06_10.27.1127.01_release_308001_signed_2_4.zip" but just got the message 'installation aborted' after sideloading

forgive me I can't paste links yet

I also tried the latest version of CM as this is what I was trying to revert back from this installed but just said 'installing' for nearly an hour then after I rebooted it left with a constant CM loading screen

I have a feeling I need S-OFF but can't seem to achieve through any of the methods described

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.63.61.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: FA385W914634
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: ORANG001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4325mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-b0a25cb2
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
11th April 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #6  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,117
 
2,889 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantymc

I am using clockwork recovery, I was trying to flash a stock RUU zip - I could not find one to match my exact baseband version so I tried

"RUU Zip M7_UL_JB_50_HTC_Europe_1.20.401.1_Radio_4A.13.3227 .06_10.27.1127.01_release_308001_signed_2_4.zip" but just got the message 'installation aborted' after sideloading

Ruu.zip are not installed with a custom recovery/sideloaded!! It must be flashed via fastboot ruu mode. Anyway this ruu is not for your phone, its a .401 base and you need a .61 base ruu of same version or higher than 3.63.61.1 but afaik there is no ruu for your phone... BTW the 1.20.401.1 ruu is a pre-release version without OTA updates so it a bad idea to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantymc

forgive me I can't paste links yet

I also tried the latest version of CM as this is what I was trying to revert back from this installed but just said 'installing' for nearly an hour then after I rebooted it left with a constant CM loading screen

Either because of a bad rom/download or because your recovery version is outdated. Flash twrp 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4. Also clear cache every time your flash something and md5 check your roms/recovery before you flash them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantymc

I have a feeling I need S-OFF but can't seem to achieve through any of the methods described

S-OFF is not require to flash a custom rom like CM only if you want to convert your phone using a ruu not intended for your version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes