Help needed with default camera

11th April 2014, 07:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
More
Hello, first off, I know this problem was completely cause by my own stupidity, but here it is:

I recently discovered the slow-motion mode on the camera(I know, took some time), but then I noticed that it records only at 800x450(weird resolution, I know), so in my own mind I was like, maybe the camera .apk in system/app contains the resolution info, and maybe I could change it on the computer.
So I copied the camera app to sdcard, and opened it on pc, and changed the resources.arsc file a bit inside the apk. and copied the .apk back to sdcard(ofcourse I backed up the original file to another folder).
Then I proceeded with deleting the original application, which worked, but what didn't work, was installing the modified application, I copied it into system/app, and restarted the phone, still doesen't allow installing it, then I thought that okay, if it doesen't like my modified apps, then I won't install it, and I'll install the original back, copied the original there, checked permissions to be the same as other apps, and restarted the phone, and still didn't let me install it.

So.. does anyone know a way to install the camera app back, without flashing a new rom?
Running original ROM rooted 4.4.2 i9505.
If anyone can come up with a fix for this, I would be happy.

Braien

[Edit]: Seems like I fixed it, I checked permissions again and rebooted again, and sure enough, the camera app was back in app drawer.
My question still remains, can the app be modified by someone not as dumb as me, to record the slow-motion video at higher resolution, like 720p atleast, surely the s4 has enough power to record it at higher resolution.
Last edited by braien334; 11th April 2014 at 07:36 AM.
11th April 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Rutten
Thanks Meter: 81

343 posts
Donate to Me
More
there was a thread about that, I can find the link, but if you go to 720p you'll get a very bad lag (15fps)

EDIT: Here is the link to the thread about 720p slow motion: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2350178
Last edited by KingOfDope; 11th April 2014 at 02:46 PM.
11th April 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
More
Did a search about that, and yeah, the 9500 application does allow 720p recording in slow motion, but choppy video, weird how it does that.
You would thing that the 9505 is powerful enough, but I guess it's just not, or it needs optimization on that part.
I will try 9500 app myself though, and if there is anything new to report, I will do so.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread