[Recovery] ClockworkMod - TF701T Proxy Thread

Search This thread

YayYouFixedIt

Nov 21, 2012
@pershoot I've been trying things in kernel space. Ive tried compiling the ts driver as modules inserting them. I'm not sure what I'm doing besides learning some things. With the goal in mind of getting the ts drivers working, What else do we need to do if you can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
@pershoot I've been trying things in kernel space. Ive tried compiling the ts driver as modules inserting them. I'm not sure what I'm doing besides learning some things. With the goal in mind of getting the ts drivers working, What else do we need to do if you can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Do you need to load them using insmod in the init.rc file?

YayYouFixedIt

Nov 21, 2012
Do you need to load them using insmod in the init.rc file?
I was wondering if thats what is necessary but i dont know where the intructions are to create the directories and copy the modules once theyre built to /system/lib/modules/
i wonder if that is enough for it

I was really only able to load atmel_mxt_ts.ko touchscreen driver without a problem. I guess that is the one. The other drivers enabled there in the cyanogenmod_defconfig for te tf701 in the kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen directory I could not get to load(raydium?)

EDIT:
No I just got it the atmel to load using the init.rc like you said and it does not work but the module is loaded fine it seems. Not sure about everything else.

Last edited:

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I was wondering if thats what is necessary but i dont know where the intructions are to create the directories and copy the modules once theyre built to /system/lib/modules/
i wonder if that is enough for it

I was really only able to load atmel_mxt_ts.ko touchscreen driver without a problem. I guess that is the one. The other drivers enabled there in the cyanogenmod_defconfig for te tf701 in the kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen directory I could not get to load(raydium?)

EDIT:
No I just got it the atmel to load using the init.rc like you said and it does not work but the module is loaded fine it seems. Not sure about everything else.

Normally you just put the modules in /sbin and then load them in init.rc or init.macallan.rc with

Insmod /sbin/modulename.ko

Reactions: YayYouFixedIt

ro-mann

Apr 5, 2010
I flashed the Recovery, but it won't boot into recovery:

C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target reported max download size of 643825664 bytes
sending 'recovery' (6562 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.898s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.242s]
finished. total time: 1.142s

It says "Booting recovery kernel image" then just restarts and boots normally.

Sleeepy2

Dec 9, 2009
Toronto
Do you have the correct bootloader version?
Try re-download in and then just boot it from fast boot and not flashing to make sure it works first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sleeepy2

Dec 9, 2009
Toronto
Do I have to install the new bootloader via SDK? If so how is the correct syntax? Thanks!

You need to install the new bootloader from the official Asus firmware. The OTA download doesn't always update the bootloader.
You need to download the official firmware update from Asus, unzip it and put it on the root folder of the internal "SD card" and reboot. It will find the update and flash it automatically.
You need to have the stock recovery for this to work. If you have already put a custom recovery (Clockwork) on your device you need to put the stock back for it to work. You can get the stock recovery from http://droidbasement.com/, not really sure where but have a look at some of the links here on XDA for a step by step process.

Reactions: ro-mann

ro-mann

Apr 5, 2010
Ok, I've found the stock recovery, but this I have to install via adb, right?

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
Get into fastboot mode on tablet, to flash you will need cmd to flash

The only thing you need to flash for recovery is the recovery.img

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Sleeepy2

Dec 9, 2009
Toronto
Via fastboot? There are two files in the zip, dd and recoveryblob, which one should I flash? And the syntax is the same? fastboot flash recovery recoveryblob? The file has no ending.

I dont think you have the correct file. I haven't gone back to stock but it should just be a recovery img

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: ro-mann

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    L7CPtbT.png

YHzvuwX.png

THIS IS A PROXY THREAD Creator and Maintainer is pershoot

This is CWM for the ASUS Transformer Pad (TF701T – Macallan).

mCQXPr2.png

-You must be unlocked (use ASUS’s unlock tool to perform this)
    -You must be on 10.26.1.18 bootloader (updating to ASUS’s latest 4.3 release will install this)

eXVCwe2.png

For complete Info and Download: VISIT HERE
    ***Once there, check out the Recent Entries on the right side of the page for latest updates***

D7LO8s0.png

-Unlock your device using the ASUS Unlock tool.
    -Boot in once and execute: adb reboot bootloader

Fastboot:
    To boot the recovery:
    fastboot boot recovery.img

To permanently flash the recovery:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Source:
    https://github.com/pershoot/android_device_asus_tf701t
    https://github.com/pershoot/android_kernel_asus_tf701t
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery

Creator and Maintainer:
    @pershoot
    6.0.5.1 posted (DB).
    recovery updated with baseline build and sorted dock sd card functionality and usbdisk functionality.
    Is it because we lack drivers? You would think it would be simple to get basic touch support working in this era. I'm honestly not an expert at this though.

a JNI stub is used to facilitate firmware load and calibrate for touch. this wouldnt be available in recovery.

when i get some time ill see about bundling it all in kernel space.
    recovery updated (kernel + sync'd with CM).