Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 42,221 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

free up space

Tip us?

Pirateghost
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6152

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adomol View Post
I thought you only harrassed people in the PA threads, guess I was wrong.
So you would be OK if this person took some advice from you specific to the 2012 and applied it to their 2013 model? And if it bricked it?

Sent from my Nexus 5

adomol
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost View Post
So you would be OK if this person took some advice from you specific to the 2012 and applied it to their 2013 model? And if it bricked it?

Sent from my Nexus 5
Considering that this person only asked about how to free up space on his Nexus, I doubt that would have happened. Of course I would have offered direction to the proper forum if it was something critical. I didn't find it surprising at all that after a few members jumped in to help, your post had be the one letting him know that he shouldn't be in this thread, nevermind any advice on his issue. But it seems that every time I run into one of your posts, it is almost never helpful yet very terse and usually rude. Most of your answers are either about the member being in the wrong sub forum or that they didn't read the changelog. It's almost like spam being posted over and over.
Tablet 1: Nexus 7 (grouper) [ROM] All-F2FS SlimKat 4.6 from legolas93 [KERNEL] SlimKernel by legolas93
Tablet 2: Nexus 7 (flo) [ROM] SlimKat 4.6 [KERNEL] Glitch - r142
Help this poor soul to more space in the cloud and you get 10 + 1gb for yourself... click ---> Yandex!

Pirateghost
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6152

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adomol View Post
Considering that this person only asked about how to free up space on his Nexus, I doubt that would have happened. Of course I would have offered direction to the proper forum if it was something critical. I didn't find it surprising at all that after a few members jumped in to help, your post had be the one letting him know that he shouldn't be in this thread, nevermind any advice on his issue. But it seems that every time I run into one of your posts, it is almost never helpful yet very terse and usually rude. Most of your answers are either about the member being in the wrong sub forum or that they didn't read the changelog. It's almost like spam being posted over and over.
Cool story bro

Sent from my Nexus 5

Captain Sweatpants
Old
Thanks Meter 83
I made a thead about this in the general section I think we need to change the forum title. Not much danger in this case but a 2012 ROM or kernel on a 2013 device would be a pain in the a$$ to fix.

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning

Pirateghost
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6152

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sweatpants View Post
I made a thead about this in the general section I think we need to change the forum title. Not much danger in this case but a 2012 ROM or kernel on a 2013 device would be a pain in the a$$ to fix.

My point exactly.

If we were to wait to inform the op that he was in the wrong forum until after he had done something like that, it would have been irresponsible of us to not head him off at the pass and try to prevent such a thing.

There was nothing rude in this thread until someone wanted to play keyboard cowboy because they had a grudge against me.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Captain Sweatpants
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Let's just try and be polite to each other @Pirateghost is correct I should have pointed out he was in the wrong forum before giving advice.

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning