FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

free up space

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By MrSparkles, Junior Member on 8th April 2014, 12:13 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th April 2014, 05:28 AM |#11  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,799
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adomol

I thought you only harrassed people in the PA threads, guess I was wrong.

So you would be OK if this person took some advice from you specific to the 2012 and applied it to their 2013 model? And if it bricked it?



Sent from my Nexus 5
 
 
11th April 2014, 12:20 PM |#12  
adomol's Avatar
Senior Member
/etc/init.d
Thanks Meter: 584
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost

So you would be OK if this person took some advice from you specific to the 2012 and applied it to their 2013 model? And if it bricked it?



Sent from my Nexus 5

Considering that this person only asked about how to free up space on his Nexus, I doubt that would have happened. Of course I would have offered direction to the proper forum if it was something critical. I didn't find it surprising at all that after a few members jumped in to help, your post had be the one letting him know that he shouldn't be in this thread, nevermind any advice on his issue. But it seems that every time I run into one of your posts, it is almost never helpful yet very terse and usually rude. Most of your answers are either about the member being in the wrong sub forum or that they didn't read the changelog. It's almost like spam being posted over and over.
11th April 2014, 01:27 PM |#13  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,799
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adomol

Considering that this person only asked about how to free up space on his Nexus, I doubt that would have happened. Of course I would have offered direction to the proper forum if it was something critical. I didn't find it surprising at all that after a few members jumped in to help, your post had be the one letting him know that he shouldn't be in this thread, nevermind any advice on his issue. But it seems that every time I run into one of your posts, it is almost never helpful yet very terse and usually rude. Most of your answers are either about the member being in the wrong sub forum or that they didn't read the changelog. It's almost like spam being posted over and over.

Cool story bro

Sent from my Nexus 5
11th April 2014, 03:12 PM |#14  
Captain Sweatpants's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
I made a thead about this in the general section I think we need to change the forum title. Not much danger in this case but a 2012 ROM or kernel on a 2013 device would be a pain in the a$$ to fix.

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
11th April 2014, 03:28 PM |#15  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,799
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sweatpants

I made a thead about this in the general section I think we need to change the forum title. Not much danger in this case but a 2012 ROM or kernel on a 2013 device would be a pain in the a$$ to fix.

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

My point exactly.

If we were to wait to inform the op that he was in the wrong forum until after he had done something like that, it would have been irresponsible of us to not head him off at the pass and try to prevent such a thing.

There was nothing rude in this thread until someone wanted to play keyboard cowboy because they had a grudge against me.

Sent from my Nexus 5
11th April 2014, 03:44 PM |#16  
Captain Sweatpants's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Let's just try and be polite to each other @Pirateghost is correct I should have pointed out he was in the wrong forum before giving advice.

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes