OP CraigSav

11th April 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mission Viejo
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Hello,

I am new to installing a recovery on my new Verizon galaxy s4. I am rooted and have downloaded the rom manager app and have tried to install this from the app and it says that it is successful but when I choose boot into recovery it looks like it is just booting into the stock Samsung recovery. I tried to do this with the recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.7-jfltevzw_loki_doki zip file but I get an signed error. if there is anyone that could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.
11th April 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 318

997 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSav

Hello,

I am new to installing a recovery on my new Verizon galaxy s4. I am rooted and have downloaded the rom manager app and have tried to install this from the app and it says that it is successful but when I choose boot into recovery it looks like it is just booting into the stock Samsung recovery. I tried to do this with the recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.7-jfltevzw_loki_doki zip file but I get an signed error. if there is anyone that could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

If your build number is anything other than MDK, you can't install a custom recovery to your phone. Your ONLY option is Safestrap.
It would probably be a good idea to do some research. This thread is a very good place to start. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501
11th April 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mission Viejo
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147

If your build number is anything other than MDK, you can't install a custom recovery to your phone. Your ONLY option is Safestrap.
It would probably be a good idea to do some research. This thread is a very good place to start. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501

Thank you for the help just took a look and sure enough I am on the VRUEMK2 build. I will take a look at the thread and start some research. thank you again for the quick response!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread