Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 48,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G2, making sure I have this correct?

Tip us?

chrisutpg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default G2, making sure I have this correct?

So I plan to head over to At&t tomorrow to pick up a G2.. First thing I want to do is root and rom it. I run a small business so I need to make sure the thing is A+ stable by Sunday AM.. Just want to make sure I have this all correct here.

Check the firmware, anything that is not 80100d I'll need to just revert to that firmware before rooting correct?
If it is running 80100d, I can go ahead and download IOroot and follow prompts?
After IOroot I want to adb philzclockword recovery and loki correct?
After that I can just boot into philz and flash a rom?
Can it be any rom? I read that it needs to loki patched somewhere i think?

If I am missing anything please let me know.. also is anyone running ASOB 4.4.2 on the G2?? Because I've got this on my Gnex and this thing blazes and is general a great stable rom. Please let me know. Thanks.

1meanrex
Old
(Last edited by 1meanrex; 11th April 2014 at 02:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
First off if I were you before I step out of At&t I would make sure the phone has Lte and GPS works correctly otherwise you'll be headed back in no time. After all of that and you have reverted back to the 80100d firmware head over to this and it'll solve all your other needs http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2633150

[GUIDE]Newbie Guide for Root/Recovery/Stock Restore etc. ATT LG G2 (LG D800)

P.S. this is a excellent phone btw, you just kinda got to get around some minor hiccups 😁

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

chrisutpg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1meanrex View Post
First off if I were you before I step out of At&t I would make sure the phone has Lte and GPS works correctly otherwise you'll be headed back in no time. After all of that and you have reverted back to the 80100d firmware head over to this and it'll solve all your other needs http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2633150

[GUIDE]Newbie Guide for Root/Recovery/Stock Restore etc. ATT LG G2 (LG D800)

P.S. this is a excellent phone btw, you just kinda got to get around some minor hiccups 😁

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up on the LTE and GPS issues. I have a friend at at&t checking the android version and firmware version for me also. Hope that it is the early ones to save me a bit of work.

daryelv
Old
Thanks Meter 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisutpg View Post
So I plan to head over to At&t tomorrow to pick up a G2.. First thing I want to do is root and rom it. I run a small business so I need to make sure the thing is A+ stable by Sunday AM.. Just want to make sure I have this all correct here.

Check the firmware, anything that is not 80100d I'll need to just revert to that firmware before rooting correct?
If it is running 80100d, I can go ahead and download IOroot and follow prompts?
After IOroot I want to adb philzclockword recovery and loki correct?
After that I can just boot into philz and flash a rom?
Can it be any rom? I read that it needs to loki patched somewhere i think?

If I am missing anything please let me know.. also is anyone running ASOB 4.4.2 on the G2?? Because I've got this on my Gnex and this thing blazes and is general a great stable rom. Please let me know. Thanks.
Root is now achievable on the KitKat version using ioRoot25. I just did it yesterday after resetting back to 80010d and updating all the way up to 80020k and then rooting. You won't have a custom recovery, but with root and Xposed you can customize the heck out of things on the stock ROM.

If you want to keep it A+ stable, stay away from AOSP, CM, and "ported" (802, GPro, GFlex, etc.) ROMs. While they are very good and stable, you can run into issues with SMS/MMS not working, LTE not working, etc.

-Daryel
- LG G2 D800 -
- 2 Nexus Flo -

chrisutpg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
Root is now achievable on the KitKat version using ioRoot25. I just did it yesterday after resetting back to 80010d and updating all the way up to 80020k and then rooting. You won't have a custom recovery, but with root and Xposed you can customize the heck out of things on the stock ROM.

If you want to keep it A+ stable, stay away from AOSP, CM, and "ported" (802, GPro, GFlex, etc.) ROMs. While they are very good and stable, you can run into issues with SMS/MMS not working, LTE not working, etc.

-Daryel
Thanks for the heads up about root. I think I still would like a custom recovery, but I'll see what my buddy at At&t says.. I know I had a MMS problem running ASOB on my gnex. I had to just pull a MMS out of a different rom and install it. It works fine now, however sometimes I need to reinstall the MMS app or I get a FC. Can't put an exact finger on why.