Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Protectors

Tip us?

Tilton53
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Screen Protectors

So, after a week of use; I am starting to get little scratches on the glass of the watch. Anybody have any ideas on how I could get a decent screen protector for the watch? I know there aren't any perfectly sized ones for this device but maybe somebody here already found one that fits.

trent999
Old
Thanks Meter 52
You may be getting real scratches on the screen, but be aware that the sapphire-coating on the TS also can appear scratched when it really is just marked. To clean those markings off takes some fairly serious buffing, but you might find the screen was not really scratched and comes out clean again.

There are no screen protectors currently available specifically cut to fit the TS. You could cut one yourself, maybe using that peel-off sticker it shipped with.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ipaq3115
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I cut my own screen protector out of an old one (unused) that I had laying around. Turned out horrible.

It was the more rigid type and where the edge of the TrueSmart screen has a bevel the screen protector was just hanging out over it. It ended up collecting dirt and made it hard to access the back and menu swipe actions. I also considered cutting it back to only the actual screen portion but I figured that was just going to make those swipe actions even more miserable so I just tossed it.

My guess is that the only thing that would work would be one of the more flexible stretchable type screen protectors, not sure how well they would conform to the bevel on the glass though.

A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. -- C.S. Lewis