Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,545 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone notice difference using Global vs CDMA/LTE?

Tip us?

Resputan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Anyone notice difference using Global vs CDMA/LTE?

The phone seems to be defaulted to Global out of the box, I switched it to CDMA/LTE and really cant tell a significant difference. However, after some searching there are some sparse other posts where people claim battery life and/or signal is better on one or the other (usually saying CDMA/LTE is better in both regards). Is there any reason to keep the phone in Global? I also notice sometimes that it will reset to global after a reboot, which is odd.

paullson
Old
(Last edited by paullson; 11th April 2014 at 05:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resputan View Post
The phone seems to be defaulted to Global out of the box, I switched it to CDMA/LTE and really cant tell a significant difference. However, after some searching there are some sparse other posts where people claim battery life and/or signal is better on one or the other (usually saying CDMA/LTE is better in both regards). Is there any reason to keep the phone in Global? I also notice sometimes that it will reset to global after a reboot, which is odd.
I tinkered with it a little when I first got my phone and found no real difference between them. If there is an effect on battery or signal I'd guess it's negligible.
Current: HTC M8 S-OFF De-bloated
Backup: NA, bidding on Moto X's

Retired: OG DROID, OG Incredible, Rezound, Galaxy Nexus