FORUMS

[?] SD Card Write Restrictions on AT&T S5

Thanks Meter: 7

By osetivo, Member on 11th April 2014, 05:30 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
The one solution that I've seen that allows third party apps to write to the external SD card in Kit Kat required root access.

I know that root is not currently possible, and with the locked bootloader, things look pretty bleak, so are there any other solutions available that I've missed.

Thanks

PS: With all of the the little "gotchas" I'm experiencing with this 1 day old device, "this" may be the real deal killer.

11th April 2014, 05:33 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by osetivo

The one solution that I've seen that allows third party apps to write to the external SD card in Kit Kat required root access.

I know that root is not currently possible, and with the locked bootloader, things look pretty bleak, so are there any other solutions available that I've missed.

Thanks

PS: With all of the the little "gotchas" I'm experiencing with this 1 day old device, "this" may be the real deal killer.

No other way, changing the file needed to allow sdcard write access requires root... It's in /system.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
11th April 2014, 06:09 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkinetic

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Noticed your sig. re: HTC One M8

I'm an ES File Explorer user and noticed a comment from a M8 user that said his rooted M8 wasn't working properly with ES after the /system SD Card hack.

http://gs4.wonderhowto.com/how-to/by...xy-s4-0152036/
(1st comment)

Are you rooted? SD Hack installed? Working properly?

Thanks
11th April 2014, 06:29 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by osetivo

Noticed your sig. re: HTC One M8

I'm an ES File Explorer user and noticed a comment from a M8 user that said his rooted M8 wasn't working properly with ES after the /system SD Card hack.

http://gs4.wonderhowto.com/how-to/by...xy-s4-0152036/
(1st comment)

Are you rooted? SD Hack installed? Working properly?

Thanks

I dont use ES i use root explorer and it's worked perfectly without issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to djkinetic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread