Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 53,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Paying retail price

Tip us?
 
Bsmith0731
Old
#1  
Bsmith0731's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 471
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Paying retail price

I tried to get the 649 retail at best buy but got denied because the Corporate store doesn't allow you to buy full price on Launch Days?

I had to pay the 750 best buy price. Can anyone else confirm this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
 
djkinetic
Old
#2  
djkinetic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1022
Posts: 2,784
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmith0731 View Post
I tried to get the 649 retail at best buy but got denied because the Corporate store doesn't allow you to buy full price on Launch Days?

I had to pay the 750 best buy price. Can anyone else confirm this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Why did u pay that much for a locked down carrier device good lord.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Current Devices:

One Plus One Sandstone Black 64GB
LG G3 D851 SIM Unlocked (ATT) 32GB
HTC One M8 32GB Gunmetal Grey
LG G-Pad 8.3 GPE
Google Nexus 7 16 GB (2013)

Google Chromecast

Add me to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/106721746210047548500/posts
The Following User Says Thank You to djkinetic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MattMJB0188
Old
#3  
MattMJB0188's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 164
Posts: 1,199
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkinetic View Post
Why did u pay that much for a locked down carrier device good lord.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
There is nothing wrong with that. I did. There aren't really many options, are there? If I bought the international variant then I'd get no LTE.
 
Bsmith0731
Old
#4  
Bsmith0731's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 471
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkinetic View Post
Why did u pay that much for a locked down carrier device good lord.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I wanted the phone but wasn't eligible for an upgrade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app
 
hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
#5  
hovax615@hotmail.com's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 308
Posts: 1,476
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
I'm thinking about getting the s5 also because I've been missing my s4. Does anyone think the at&t Next program is good? And is anyone else on the Next upgrade plan?

Sent from my XT1058 using xda premium
 
co.ag.2005
Old
#6  
co.ag.2005's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 143
Posts: 903
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovax615@hotmail.com View Post
I'm thinking about getting the s5 also because I've been missing my s4. Does anyone think the at&t Next program is good? And is anyone else on the Next upgrade plan?

Sent from my XT1058 using xda premium
I did mine on the next plan... all it is is a monthly payment plan to pay the full retail price of the phone, $650... so it's $32.50/month for the plan that lets you upgrade every year ($32.50/month x 18 months = $650). when you want to upgrade in a year (or 18 months and the phone would be paid in full), you either trade the phone in for the next one or just pay off the remaining balance ($260) and then sell the old one online and get the new phone on the NEXT plan

Galaxy S5
iPhone 5c
iPad rMini
 
Bsmith0731
Old
#7  
Bsmith0731's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 471
Join Date: Jan 2013
I don't know much as the next program. I don't like it from what I've read

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app
 
hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
#8  
hovax615@hotmail.com's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 308
Posts: 1,476
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by co.ag.2005 View Post
I did mine on the next plan... all it is is a monthly payment plan to pay the full retail price of the phone, $650... so it's $32.50/month for the plan that lets you upgrade every year ($32.50/month x 18 months = $650). when you want to upgrade in a year (or 18 months and the phone would be paid in full), you either trade the phone in for the next one or just pay off the remaining balance ($260) and then sell the old one online and get the new phone on the NEXT plan
What is your bill if you don't mind me asking. Mine is $79 plus the 32 would be like $113-114. I think I might wait till it gets a little older and the next price would be a little cheaper than I'll get one.

Sent from my XT1058 using xda premium
 
co.ag.2005
Old
#9  
co.ag.2005's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 143
Posts: 903
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovax615@hotmail.com View Post
What is your bill if you don't mind me asking. Mine is $79 plus the 32 would be like $113-114. I think I might wait till it gets a little older and the next price would be a little cheaper than I'll get one.

Sent from my XT1058 using xda premium
well, I haven't received a bill yet that has the NEXT upgrade on it... so, my bill is $125 now, will be ~$158.00 with my SGS 5 on it.

$100 -> 10GB data bucket (shared between my wife and I)
$15 -> wife's line cost (for service)
$15 -> my line cost (for service)
$32.50 -> SGS 5
23% off national account discount
taxes

=$158 ish with the NEXT plan added

if you have a 10GB or higher mobile share plan, your lines are just $15/each if you are 1) financing a phone through NEXT; OR 2)pay for the phone upfront

Galaxy S5
iPhone 5c
iPad rMini
 
Xandlinger
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 200
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmith0731 View Post
I don't know much as the next program. I don't like it from what I've read

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app
If you're on the newer Mobile Share plans (especially 10GB+) it will save you money over a new two year contract. You do see a little bit of a higher monthly bill, but you save quite a bit over time. Make sure to get AT&T Insurance or Squaretrade, though. And the 20 month Next is better than the 26 month Next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more